CO GMU 4 3rd Rifle Season

Hi everyone. I have hunted GMU 4 for Elk during 1st and 3rd season. Luckily successful trips every year for the last few years (Elk Bull and Cows). Anyone has any advice for Mule Deer within this GMU areas? For Elk we were always at high in elevation and honestly I did not run into any Mule Deer Bucks. Obviously maybe they were lower, but I take any advice. This year we are only hunting 3rd season for Mule Deer Bucks and Elk Cows. If you wanna exchange some info regarding Elk for 1st and 3rd rifle season, I can share. Our tags for Mule Deer are good for GMU 004; 441; 014; and 214. Thanks in advance. My email is [email protected]. - ColoradoHunter719

Congrats, that's tough to do on public. I have taken 4 elk out of unit 4 the last few years, but am trying something else this year as am tired of killing raghorns. Mule deer are lower in 4, you really need to be in 3 for public land mulies, as most of the habitat in 4 is private. I still think you can kill a buck in 4, you just have to move away from the national forest land. Shoot me a PM and I can try and help with some ideas for mulies in 4. I picked up a bomber set of sheds on public land a few years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back