Yeti GOBOX Collection

CO GMU 12 or 13 (10/30-11/7)

elk_newbie

First time mule deer hunting these GMU's. For those that have hunted these areas for Mule deer, which do you prefer? I know 13 has limited public land with only a sprinkling of public, but that in and of itself doesn't necessarily deter me....likely just means less hunters. Any thoughts or general advice would be helpful as I've never set foot in those GMU's and will be starting from zero.

Hunted elk several seasons in 23/24/33 so I am 'familiar' with hunting in similar terrain at elevation.....just not the specifics for GMU's 12 or 13.

Any assistance or feedback would be appreciated.

First time mule deer hunting these GMU's. For those that have hunted these areas for Mule deer, which do you prefer? I know 13 has limited public land with only a sprinkling of public, but that in and of itself doesn't necessarily deter me....likely just means less hunters. Any thoughts or general advice would be helpful as I've never set foot in those GMU's and will be starting from zero.

Hunted elk several seasons in 23/24/33 so I am 'familiar' with hunting in similar terrain at elevation.....just not the specifics for GMU's 12 or 13.

Any assistance or feedback would be appreciated.
12 is overrun

Was in there in 2020. I saw deer, but the opening morning I was up on my little glassing knob and glassed up 6 dudes on a 1-mile square section with me. Hard to make a calculated move on a critter when folks are wandering around and bumping them. But there are a few animals out there and a guy could get lucky by using the pressure to their advantage.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back