MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Co elk success rates by season

Click on the reports in the "Estimated Harvest" column. Emphasis on "estimated."

Click on the reports in the "Estimated Harvest" column. Emphasis on "estimated."

Thank you sir

Awesome. I’ll be hunting a 4th season tag that had a 0% success rate last year hahahah!! I hope you’re right @trb and at least someone shot a bull there last year🤷🏼‍♂️

I’ve hunted enough states that it’s fuzzy, but I don’t remember even being asked if I were successful when I killed a bull 2 years ago.

Yeah, I know. Just trying to plan a late season cow hunt for next year
What unit you looking at for a late hunt. I have spent a ton of time in the NW quarter of the state and could share some good info…

Then harvest data is whack in Colorado for sure… they should just do mandatory data. One year our archery unit showed an abnormally high success rate, like over 40% for unit with OTC tags. I did some checking. I knew 16 people who hunted the unit. Including close friends my, wife , etc. of the 16 who hunted the unit, 3 of us tagged out and 13 did not. Of the 16 the only people who were surveyed myself and the 2 others who tagged out…

I tagged out 4 years in a row and all 4 years I was selected for survey. My wife, my buddy, step dad, etc. did not tag out we’re not asked for a survey once in those 4 years…

What unit you looking at for a late hunt. I have spent a ton of time in the NW quarter of the state and could share some good info…
I've wanted to hunt around flat tops before I retire from hunting, so the units involved with that tag, but I'm looking at anything with decent success/draw odds

I've wanted to hunt around flat tops before I retire from hunting, so the units involved with that tag, but I'm looking at anything with decent success/draw odds
Yeah as mentioned the flat tops are a no go late. They get a ton of snow and the elk all migrate out.

Back