Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Co. deer hunt

elkfarmer

I need some help here, I want to apply for a mule deer tag for Co. this year but I need some info on a good public land area to hunt. The place we have been to I have seen one little 2 pt that I passed on. I see a ton of deer down low in the fields but that is all private. I am not really looking for your "honey holes" just a good area to see some deer and mabey shoot a desent buck.

I am all for bribes too, I will give up my first born for a 3x3(6 pt. lol) my first 2 born for a 4x4, ah hell all 3 for a big 4x4....LOL

anyways, any help would be great.
Thanks,
elkfarmer

Almont, CO

While Elk hunting during late cow only season I saw LOTS of mule deer in the area of Almont, CO. (GMU54 or 55) There is a state wildlife area right at Almont with some real wallhangers. I think it is a tough draw though. Good Luck!

Suburbanhunter, Welcome aboard.

Elkfarmer. Deerking owns AntlerQuest service. He specializes in lineing people out (for a Small fee of course) but you said you would give bribes. He has become known for being one of the most knowlegeable guys in Colorado.

He can Be reached at : [email protected]

Or if ya wait, he posts here when we can Pull him away from his Favorite site ;)

Up above Gypson there are lots of really nice bucks. Talk to the wildlife manager for that area and he should be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck

ElkFarmer:

North Central Co. / Independence Mountain by Cowdrey is a good place for mule deer. I have seen some dandies there... They also have some nice moose...

Reebok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back