CO bull

Outdooraddict

Finally found some time to share a few pictures and story. Had an opportunity to hunt with my father and brother- which is always a great time. They had muzzle-loader tags and I had an archery tag. Took a few days off from school to head out with them. Saw plenty of elk, and they had their chances, but never got any great shots. One of the BEST mistakes of my life was having a child born during the hunting season :). While it has been a little unfortunate to give up weekends for birthday parties the last 7 years, this year the boy asked to go hunting with dad, uncle, and grandpa. I was STOKED! So, after convincing mom this could be done, we took him out of school on his birthday to chase some elk. He saw lots of cow elk and a few bulls, but none gave us any ethical shot. We ended the day following a herd of elk to our vehicles- bugling the whole way there. He had a great time. The last weekend of muzzy season, dad and I happened to get into a descent herd. I spotted a 6x6 bull at 70 yards feeding toward me. I thought it was a great set-up- wind was great, cover was great, everything was perfect. I crouched behind some sage and waited. I looked away for a second, turned back, and he was gone! It amazes me how an animal that big can vanish like that. A little upset, I walked back to where I was set up and threw out a few calls. Then another bull walked out at 50 yards. Gave me a perfect broadside shot, so I let it go. He piled up about 80 yards away. I had a wonderful time hunting with family and am very happy with this bull.

Attachments

• IMG_2768.JPG
    IMG_2768.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 506
  • 2015 elk.JPG
    2015 elk.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_2785.JPG
    IMG_2785.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 504
  • 2015 elk1.JPG
    2015 elk1.JPG