Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

CO 2nd Season Mule Deer

What a day yesterday was! Two bucks down. I was able to punch my tag in the morning. I spotted my buck following two does. I was able to put them to bed on a piece of public land that I’m sure gets overlooked (thanks onX!). Made a stalk and was able to cut the distance to just under 300 yards. Two shots in the boiler room with a 180 accubond and it was done. I’m stoked to have this buck. He’s a 5x4, but had a broken 6th as well. Awesome healthy mule deer. We got him off the hill and made it back to town for some lunch.

We went back out that evening and hiked up a drainage to sit for the night. My buddy was able to take a beautiful solid 4x4 that evening and made a great shot. I will let him post stories and picks on his buck if he so chooses.

We are going to head out tomorrow and try and get some video footage of some big bucks after the storm. It’s dumping snow right now and I’m hoping this kicks the rut and migration in full swing. I’ll post up some videos and pics if I get them.

Way to go!! I was forced to come back to town after the wind and snow collapsed the tent, discovered when I got back from my evening hunt last night. There wasn’t a room to be found in kremmling so once I got everything packed back up in the truck during the storm I was able to make it to silverthorne and spend the night. Hoping to get back out on Wednesday and hunt thru the rest of the week. Congrats!!!

Back