Co. 14points were to go for elk

oldbone

I have 14 points for elk and my brother has 8 points. we would like to hunt together with a rifle tag. we are out of state but have hunted elk most of our 60 plus years. what unit would we look at hunting for a couple ol old guys in good shape on a do it on our own hunt ?

49 might be worth looking into, haven't set foot on it myself, but supposed to be best bulls for what 8 pts will get you. Could look at muzzy for you in 66 or 67, have brother build a couple more points and make it a two year hunt with one of you just helping the other fill the tag. Good luck.

2 year hunt sounds like a good idea so you don't have the added pressure of having to find 2 good bulls. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but they would average out to 11 points not 8? Am I missing something? Good luck on whatever you decide to do. Can't wait to hunt CO myself one of these days!

There is no average, the person with the lowest point value sets the points for the group. You'd be stuck with 8points.Make it two trips. Friends don't let friends waste preferense points (especially 6PP!)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back