Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

closed on the property, now 15 years to retirement!

schmalts

Closed the deal, survey was done, came out close to what i though it was and am glad i offered per acre instead of lump sum because they were B.S.ing on the acreage.
I want to extend an offer to any of the Hunt talk regulars to hunt it this year if they feel like trying someplace new. Lots of turkey and deer from what i seen. The guy down the road said he lived there his whole life and his granpa owned the land at one time so he saw familiar with it. He said there is good hunting on it and sees a lot of deer there.
I wont have time to hunt it and the drive is too damn far for a 2 or 3 day weekend. I had a tough time buying land i wont use for so long but Its a long term thing I keep telling myself. Hell if i could make a good profit now i would probably pedal it.
Here the link to the pictures i took, some were 2 weeks ago and some in Feb. It will look real nice when it greens up i think.
anyone interested in hunting it?
http://home.wi.rr.com/schmalts/index.html

Schmalts, it looks like you have a good chunk of land there. Nice pictures too, by the way. How many acres did you end up with after the survey was done? It is a long way from Idaho to hunt turkeys/deer but maybe in the future. Congrats on the new purchase!!

Originally posted by wilecoyote76:
Schmalts, it looks like you have a good chunk of land there. Nice pictures too, by the way. How many acres did you end up with after the survey was done? It is a long way from Idaho to hunt turkeys/deer but maybe in the future. Congrats on the new purchase!!
120.4 acres, they said it was 125 and by studying the maps i calculated 119.5!
My GPS waypoints i calculated for the survey were should be were within 15 feet on all corners using the USAPHOTOMAPS program, that thing rocks!!

an offer like that could leave you with no deer schmalts. are you going to try to have a get together there or just let people hunt.

What did you find the pasture rent was worth? I thought you had posted there were no building on the property. Were my eyes fooling me or did I see a barn.

Congrats on a great looking piece of land there. Why not let that land help pay for itself and lease out a few allocated hunts on it? Great looking whitetail country and turkeys to. Any pig on on it?

Schmalts, I'll be up there the first week in June vacationing at my folks house. Is there any seasons open that time of the year. I'd be glad to kill something for ya.

No seasons in June.
Unfortunatly its not hog country. Only thing i can figure is its rocky ground and not much rooting keeps them away. about 3o minutes south there is pigs i was told. The Elk are 20 minutes south too, in the buffalo river wilderness.
The pasture rented for 20$ per acre. I had the county extension guy look at it and he gave me a price of 25$ per acre so i cut the guy a deal if he brush hogs the area and keeps the road graded and keeps up fence.
I wont lease out hunting land just in case i get a hair up my ass to go down there myself. I may not draw any tags this year so maybe i will have time to visit it this fall. I would actually like a couple guys on it this year just to use as scouts and see what they can kill. I was told there is nice bucks there by the guys who live around it but you know how it goes..... one guys monster is another guys dink. I think the hunting pressure is light in the area but dont know about the genetics. I was told it is where the state transfered deer from MI to restock the area years back and it brought some size back.
As far as a hunting lease i dont know if it would bring a lot of money as the folks in that area are not rolling in cash if you know what i mean. If i see that there is some real nice bucks i could do a little advertising and maybe get some money worth the time but for now I will offer it to you sorry SOB's as a scout.
Anyone who is interested give me a shout this fall and i will work out something with you. I have a taker for turkeys so far and thats it.

Originally posted by 45Hawken:
What did you find the pasture rent was worth? I thought you had posted there were no building on the property. Were my eyes fooling me or did I see a barn.
The Barn is actually looking over the fence line on one of the corners. I took that picture because it shows what the terrain is like well.

That's a great looking peice of ground you have there....Way to go and congrats...

Back