MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Close encounter (bear pics)

BuckSnort

This last year while deer hunting,my brother and I called a bear to within 20 feet of us.We decided that was close enough so we let him know what we were.When we hollard at him it must have confused him because he started coming at us.It was really cool to be close enough to see his wiskers and his claws.I was able to snap some really good close- ups of him.Enjoy the pics.

fd2a9698.jpg

fd2a9694.jpg

fd2a95ce.jpg

Here is where it started getting interesting
fd2a95cb.jpg

fd2a95c9.jpg

Here he is when he started to charge
fd2a949f.jpg

Once we stood up he realized he didn't want any part of us and he backed down the hill
fd2a949b.jpg

Enjoyed those pictures, Bucksnort. And that's a beautiful colored bear. I see you're from California. Is that a California Black bear???

When I lived there, I killed a 400 pound Black bear, in Tulare County's Peppermint Canyon, and a 250 pound Black bear north of the Eel River in Shasta County, a few years before that. Both mine were cinnamon colored, as were the various bears I saw both live, and killed, in Califrona. Never saw a black Black bear there.

Best of luck with your hunting.

L.W.

Nice pics! I'm hoping to have an up close and personal encounter with a bear next month!

Very cool pictures BuckSnort, I'd love to get a bear here but I never see them. What part of California are you in??

Thanks for the comments guys,glad you all liked the photo's.This bear was too small to shoot but it was still pretty exciting to have him this close to us.Hopefully this year we will find some bigger ones to call,I'm wanting a bear with my muzzleloader.

LeanWolf,

Yes this was a CA black bear.It sounds like you killed a couple big ones.A 400 pounder is damn nice.I'm doing my hunting a little further south than when you lived here.I live in the mountains to the east of Fresno.As far as the color goes there's alot of different colors phased bears here.It's weird one year most bears you will see will be black,then the next year most will be cinnimon.I have also seen blondes,and ones that have stripes on thier backs.I have some other pics of bears,one of them was taken with a trailcamera and it is dark brown or black and it has blonde shoulders.I'll post some pics of it later.

trophy_killer,

I'm in the mountains to the east of Fresno,CA

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back