Cleaning your Pack

BKHunter

Any recommendations for cleaning your pack once you have packed out an animal. I just bought a Kifaru timberline, and was curious of how everyone cleans theirs? Do you take the pack off the frame or do everything together?

Also curious on this one.. Any detergents used ? Or just water?

I believe Mystery Ranch recommends a light hand soap or detergent. I packed out three animals with mine last year and was too lazy to clean the little bit of blood off.... Guess shes stained now

I've used Woolite and Oxi-Clean with good results. I soak it in the tub for a few hours and then rinse well.

Car wash high pressure soap followed with high pressure rinse.

It will remove old blood too Zach. I've never worried about doing it right away, its always dried blood. Comes right out.

Car wash high pressure soap followed with high pressure rinse.

It will remove old blood too Zach. I've never worried about doing it right away, its always dried blood. Comes right out.

Thanks for the heads up! May leave it on for good luck though ;) worked last year

If you're pack has a waterproof or water resistant coating then use a soap like Tech wash from Nikwax or one of the other similar products for washing technical gear. Soak in the laundry tub or 5 gallon pail, use a soft brush if you want to scrub then rinse and hang.

I've called Mystery ranch and Stone glacier both about this and they recommend hand washing in the bath tub with something like Nikwax wash. Biggest thing is to make sure you use cold water. Also for real stubborn/ old stains I find rubbing it vigorously with an ice cube does the trick.

Back