MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Classy is gone - sad day

Elkhunter

Classy was my friend and companion in the hills for the past 5 years. He was, and still is, a good ol boy. He was probably the best hunting companion that one could ever ask for. Classy Teton Jet was my 22 yr old Quarter Horse. I saw last year where his age was slowing him down, but his heart would not let him stop. I think he enjoyed elk season as much as any hunter did and put me on elk more than once. All he ever wanted for carrying my ass all over the mountains, hunting or not, was to be loved, brushed and fed a good meal. He taught me how to ride. I had only been on a few trail rides in my younger years, and Classy taught me waht a horse can and can't do. He kept me from making stupid decissions and was very forgiving to the many mistakes I made. It was sad for me today brushing him for the last time before his new owner came to get him and trailer him away. I know he is going to a good home and a home that has children that want to learn how to ride. Well Classy will fit that bill and will enjoy the children and teaching the children how to ride just as he did with me. He always like the children when they were around, and seemed extra calm with them.

I am going to get another horse, hopefully in the very near future. He will never replace my buddy Classy, but he will also be a special friend and hunting companion for many years to come. I have a lead on a horse that is 10 or 11 years old and trained by one of the best. I hope the price I heard is correct and it is still for sale. I will know hopefully by the weekend about this horse. If this one pans out, I have lots of eyes and ears in the horse circle looking for me also.

normal_cowcrk18.jpg

normal_DSC00097.jpg

normal_DSC01073.JPG

Im sorry to hear that Bill,but you will always have the memories of being with Classy.I hope you get a new horse soon hopefully this horse your talking about will pan out.

Bill,

Sorry to hear of your loss. It is never easy to say goodbye to any of our friends...two or four-footed. They have that special way of weaving themselves into the tapestry of our lives, and it always leaves a gap that they once occupied. In time this gap, through good times remembered becomes more of a dip in our lifeline than a true gap. Take care, Sir...I've been that road before myself.

-RogueWarrior-

Sorry Bill...
I just don't know what to say, cept for you to get a new one soon...

Well I am happy he is going to a good home with other horses. And you are right Russ, I will have another one soon. It just made it feel like he was diposable when I brushed him and sent him off because he was getting older.

No, not disposable, just putting him into a new place and job that is better suited for his capabilities...
It would do no one any good to have him drop dead in the mountains because he pushed himself to hard to please...

I think you did the right thing. He will be pampered and played with, and life will be good. He may actually live longer without the physical stress of hunting season.

Besides, it is easier this way than being around when he finally does die, or seeing him get physically weaker and weaker. My son just lost the old grey tom cat that had been his guardian since Mikey came home, or for almost 6 years. "Bob" used to come running when Mikey was a baby and crying. He would yowl until someone came to pick Mikey up. He would come running down the street to greet us when we came home. He wasn't particularly cuddly, even with Mikey, but he was always there. He was a big, tough tom that did not run from dogs - he picked a defensive position and held it. The last several months, he became skin and bones and finally, Diane saw him in convulsions on the front porch one morning after walking Mikey to school. She thought he died several times, but he kept fighting it off and coming back to struggle some more. She took him to the vet to end it.

Poor Mikey still prays for Bob, and it has been a month.

So - this is best for both of you, I think.

I know he will be happy over there with the kids to play with and have an easy life ahead of him. He is in a semi retired time of his life now and has worked very hard to reach it. He was special because he was the first horse that I had.

Elky,

It is amazing how much a horse can get inside one's soul, and how much they can feel your thoughts and fears. And the good ones, like Classy, know how to calm those fears.

Look at it this way. Celebrate your graduation and education with Classsy, as you are now a better rider, and ready for a more "spirited" horse, while Classy needs to be able to teach some new kids how to ride....

Congrats to both you and Classy.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back