Chuck Hunting Update

Shaky

For those of you (non westerners) that know what a woodchuck (aka groundhog) is, we (Dave and myself) have sent 93 of them to see their maker - so far this summer.

Work has been extremely slow (F*#$^$* chinese anyhow) so we have been spending a lot of time out "chuck" hunting. I figure after this summer I will have to send my 22 CHeetah MK 1 back to the smith to have a new barrel installed. At present I have about 500 rounds thru it and I just got it 2 years ago. The barrels fry real fast but it sure is fun killing woodchucks out past the 650 yards mark. Besides, Hart makes new barrels everyday. I have to do my part to help the economy

Anybody else doing any varmint hunting this summer?

Don

Shakey wack em and stack em.....

I might head up north in a few weeks to do some antelope scouting.. If I do I will be shooting the praire poodle... Love shooting those things...
Delw

Between work, family, and "other crap" I've only been able to get out after chucks 3 days this year, and all 3 days were kinda slow (for various reasons...). Haven't kept track, probably have about 120 or so.

What twist is you CHeeta? Using heavies, or pushing 55's at the speed of light? I've got a pair of .22-250AI's that I use for most of my chuck shooting. One is an 8 twist I shoot 80's in, for long range and real windy days. The other is a 12 twist I shoot 60's in (all the chucks in the clip I just posted were shot with that one).

One of my coyote hunting buddies has an 8 twist CHeeta he uses for long range coyotes (spot and stalk). AWESOME performer!

Edit: Whoops! That's 120 between two of us, not just me.

- DAA

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-28-2002 12:09: Message edited by: DAA ]</font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back