Chronic Severe Buck Fever

WyoDoug

Man I am so fired up this year. 57 days to retirement AND my antelope hunt. 3 antelope tags and based on prior hunts where I am going, I should be able to tag out by end of the week. Wonder how contagious chronic buck fever is? LOL

My mind is firing on all cylinders and hard to sleep. Wife is commenting, I spend too much time going through my hunting stuff and repacking my day pack. Says I got three months yet. My hunting buddy has started building a list of stuff we need to take. We have nearly everything but still put hours into preparation.

I have spent prolly 4 days work in the field scouting for anteleop and anther 3 in the field scouting for elk in our elk area. I have spent hours scouring the On-X and Google Earth for signs of elk or elk trails, watering holes, areas that are likely to contain or provide sanctuary. End of day I end up whupped like I was working all day LOL. Someone bring on hunting season now!

2020 has been a rough year so far. I won’t be elk or antelope hunting this year, but deer season can’t come fast enough

I got a buddy who is in the same boat as you are. He retires on August 29th, and his bighorn sheep season opens on August 30th. Talk about going nuts. Congratulations on your retirement and good luck to you on this falls hunts.

I got a buddy who is in the same boat as you are. He retires on August 29th, and his bighorn sheep season opens on August 30th. Talk about going nuts. Congratulations on your retirement and good luck to you on this falls hunts.

That sounds amazing for your buddy. Going on a sheep hunt and then coming back to the real world that doesn't include heading back to work.

Good luck, Doug. Just make sure to let us know how it foes. Congrats on your retirement. I wish you all the best on your hunts this fall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back