Chooseing a rifle caliber

Caliber selection is about the only thing in hunting we can really control. So we tend to spend a lot of time on it.

From what I have heard ,the Ruger American is the best buy on a new rifle available today. I have even seen them onsale for around $300. When I get home from Alabama I am going to pick one up.

From what I have heard ,the Ruger American is the best buy on a new rifle available today. I have even seen them onsale for around $300. When I get home from Alabama I am going to pick one up.

Mine is a left-hand, stainless and I got it for $460. Hard to find a left-hand stainless elsewhere that is that cheap-or accurate.

308 is a good choice. Personally, I prefer short action over long; and a light weight rifle as opposed to a tank out of the box. :) My go-to deer rifle for NYS is a 7mm-08. I also have a 308 that I'm tinkering with among my stable of guns....

I've killed just about everything on this continent with a 30.06. Except brown bears

Yes.Resale value is important as I am always buying and trading guns.Some I have had for years and others are gone in weeks.

308 is a good choice. Personally, I prefer short action over long; and a light weight rifle as opposed to a tank out of the box. :) My go-to deer rifle for NYS is a 7mm-08. I also have a 308 that I'm tinkering with among my stable of guns....

Cuomo let you guys have guns to hunt with??!! :eek: Just kidding, I'm originally a 315er :D

Bought my left hand Browning XBOLT today. Not in 308 caliber but a 300WSM. Bought the 300WSM for a lot less money than anywhere I could find a 308.Sometimes you find just what you are not looking for.
Worked out as I just sold my 270WSM.

Excellent cartridge. Have had good results with Accubonds and Barnes out of a couple of 30 shorts.

Will not see my new Browning for a few weeks as I am in Alabama and shipped the Browning home to Michigan. I will be busy when I get home scopeing and sighting in 4 New rifles.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back