Chinese water a deer

One of mine from last February, shot by a client.

he has just collected his mount, one very happy man.

CIC gold medal at 230 points.

Last edited:
One of mine from last February, shot by a client.

he has just collected his mount, one very happy man.

CIC gold medal at 130 points.
Interesting. Are the scores based off of tooth measurements, body weight, or some combination?

The scores are from the teeth, Both length and width of each minus any difference.
Usually while hunting if you can see the teeth at 100m it will be a good medal.
I have clients from Sweden next weekend, I have already seen a huge buck this evening.

Reactions: LCH
I'm curious what they're like table fare wise leec270?

When I get back to the UK to make amends for my lost opportunity on a roe last trip I think I'll have to include a hunt for these guys.

I'm curious what they're like table fare wise leec270?

When I get back to the UK to make amends for my lost opportunity on a roe last trip I think I'll have to include a hunt for these guys.

their alright, not my personal favourite venison.

the humble muntjac is by far the best in my opinion.

drop me a pm when you next head to Blighty see if I can’t hook you up.

their alright, not my personal favourite venison.

the humble muntjac is by far the best in my opinion.

drop me a pm when you next head to Blighty see if I can’t hook you up.

Thanks mate will do, i know where to find a taxidermist too now 👍

this Buck was shot with 6.5x55 Swedish, personally I’m a 270 man, U.K. law states you can use .22 centerfire cartridges but that usually ends up with a search with the dog, my personal rule to clients is 243 win as a minimum
Thanks for the info! Looking at the size of them, I'd not think it'd take much to put one on the ground.

What kind of dog do you use? I really should train Hank (my dog) to trail big game.

Some serious duvet Fighting going on here right now, just completed a weekends cull hunting with 4 guys from Sweden and man I’m tired.

i was a but concerned over storm Dennis that’s hitting the U.K. hard right now, but no still shot deer! the guys shot well couple of 3 misses and a couple of successful searches with the dog soon made things right.

the last search I did was 1.4km with a leg shot, not nice but we got it and it didn’t suffer too long.
463A4C33-B129-425E-A931-2D24810C0127.jpeg
Roll on next weekend and more clients

Impressive dog work. Congratulations on the successful tracking job, with a water retrieve to top it all off.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back