Chinese surveillance balloon over Montana?

Voting for or supporting one of the two candidates I wouldn't say makes someone a fan boy. We've all got to pick between which is what we think will do the least damage. As I'm sure you did too otherwise none of us can poke fun. It's all in good fun otherwise...well what would be the point of logging on.👍

Just out of curiosity, are you guys that are so mad at the current resident of the White House that did shoot down the balloon, equally as mad at Trump for letting TWO similar Chinese balloons cross the US without doing anything during his presidency? I trust our military enough to believe them when they say that the balloons posed no threat to our military or the country. Just maybe, perhaps they know more about the balloons capabilities and threat than us yahoos wanting to plink at it with our Creedmoors??
Interesting how quickly the current resident of the White House drug Trump into this.

Grew up near Happy Camp. I'll take the nukes over moving there.
If a nuke hit that area these days, everyone in a 100 mile radius would have a contact high!

Was all over that neck of the woods as a kid; Orleans, Somes Bar, Happy Camp, over to Hornbrook...good steelhead fishing back then!

No kidding, my thoughts exactly. In WW2 bombers flew overhead over 20000 feet and were able to calculate the speed and altitude and winds would make a dropped object land on X. These modern day knuckleheads with supercomputers could not figure out a place to drop it over a couple of the least populated states in the country?
US WW2 bombers were incredibly inaccurate, with only 16 percent of the bombs falling within 1,000 feet of the target. The entire bombing campaign in Europe was mostly a horrible waste of men and material. Its primary use was to terrorize civilian populations.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, are you guys that are so mad at the current resident of the White House that did shoot down the balloon, equally as mad at Trump for letting TWO similar Chinese balloons cross the US without doing anything during his presidency? I trust our military enough to believe them when they say that the balloons posed no threat to our military or the country. Just maybe, perhaps they know more about the balloons capabilities and threat than us yahoos wanting to plink at it with our Creedmoors??
So says current admin. Nobody in National Security in that timeline has confirmed this at all. Do you think the "media" would have let Trump off any hook over an incident like this? There would have been one hellava firestorm over it. I guess I just missed the headlines and CNN on point.

The balloons would have been seen by any one of the thousands star gazers. Where are the aghast headlines over this on Trump? Which means it never happened.

The threat is psychological as well measurement of our resolve.

We flunked on all accounts.

You can find more on On-x than that balloon would ever get. Anybody who's driven through that area has better luck seeing "minuteman missile defense site." Signs than finding a tree to go piss behind.

Last edited:
Ok @tarheel I’ve gotta ask as we used to log there YEARS ago, how the hell do you know about Happy Camp CA?
Well Marv, I could say I'm a well rounded, well traveled student of geography and avid map reader, traits all of which apply to me, but the honest truth is that I had a friend and co-worker in Denver named --- Miller who was from Happy Camp and we learned a lot about each other over many campfires on cold assed nights in the Rockies.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back