Chevy Colorado Zr2 2.8L Duramax

NWmontanaOutdoors

Anyone on here run this truck? Have been doing quite a bit of research on them and they are coming in quite favorably over the Tacoma’s or even any half ton rigs. 27-30 mpg highway, more legroom than the Tacoma, front and rear lockers, etc....seem to be a great truck. Thoughts? (Pics for attention, not mine)

Attachments

• 7315A02E-5FC9-40D9-9C1C-8BBC57EDC845.jpeg
    7315A02E-5FC9-40D9-9C1C-8BBC57EDC845.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 29
  • E3DA46EB-EEA4-4F91-8FCC-9A0C429128B5.jpeg
    E3DA46EB-EEA4-4F91-8FCC-9A0C429128B5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 29
Not directly related, but my employer runs the 4 banger version for it's white fleet. They seem to be reliable and reasonably solid after almost 3 years. The Duramax has a pretty good rep from what I know.

All I have to offer is I test drove one and it felt gutless. I have a full size Silverado Duramax and you can really feel it when the turbo kicks in the Colorado did not have that feeling at all. I know it’s not supposed to be a performance truck I get it but I was disappointed.

Have the ZR2 with the Duramax. Awesome truck. 24ish MPG on the highway at 80 and 18 -16 offroad all day. The ride comfort is incredible, on and off road. If you can find a 2020 right now they have some good deals. We have had it off road quite a bit. Used it for two elk hunts. I hate the DEF, but the truck has been incredible.

I would love to have one if the crew cab was a little bigger. I sat in one and adjusted the seat for me, I'm 6'2" tall, and there wasnt even close to enough room for my 7 year old to sit behind me. Six inches at the most from the back of the front seat to the rear seat. GM has never done a great job of utilizing space though, I love their trucks but not a strong point of theirs.

I have a z71 duramax that just turned 3 yrs old (got an email from the dealer a couple days ago). 46k and it has been solid. Only hiccup was the turbo crapped out at about 20k but was replaced under warranty. It is a little suspicious because I had just picked it up from the dealership for a service and about 100 miles after it went out. I'm thinking they screwed something up during the service. Maybe, maybe not. Great truck otherwise, I wanted the 4 doors with the long bed, otherwise I probably would have got a ZR2, but the Z71 has been pretty solid off road. Given the right conditions, you can push over 30 mpg no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back