Caribou Gear Tarp

Cheek Risers

I have a comb that attaches with a velcro strap I have used it on various rifles for years when taking kids hunting or shooting I just don't know the brand name but it works slick.

I made one with built up layers of sticky foam board, covered by a walmart knit knee brace. Pretty comfortable and has held up so far.

If I had a synthetic stock I would go with the karsten. I have a savage 110 that has cheek riser pieces I can swap out to fit me. On my other rifle I used a piece of pipe insulation stacked on top of its self wrapped in vet wrap. Or ace bandage. Its been worn down but for what 5 bucks I aint gonna complain. I just cant bring myself to drill through a nice wooden stock.

If I had a synthetic stock I would go with the karsten. I have a savage 110 that has cheek riser pieces I can swap out to fit me. On my other rifle I used a piece of pipe insulation stacked on top of its self wrapped in vet wrap. Or ace bandage. Its been worn down but for what 5 bucks I aint gonna complain. I just cant bring myself to drill through a nice wooden stock.

Yeah, I don't want to ruin my wood stocks either. Leaning towards either the Bradley or pipe insulation.

Yeah, I don't want to ruin my wood stocks either. Leaning towards either the Bradley or pipe insulation.

Another option is yoga mat. Seen that before. Looked better than my hack job. But I'm a utilitarian. I'd rather have something work right than look nice. The damn rifle don't shoot with a shit though... Missed a Bear and an Antelope.. Its not me I swear, its the rifle.

I use a Tourbon Cheek Rest pad, the synthetic version with adjustable straps and foam inserts on my woodstock (Kimber Classic, 308). It works well as you can use any thickness foam insert to get the ideal height; easy to take on and off, even with sling studs, and allows you to take it off for storage so the wood can breathe. No signs of marring on my stock yet after 3 yrs of use.

Beartooth makes a very nice neoprene one. You can get it with or without a riser kit also.

I use this one on a couple rifles too and tape the spacers to the stock so they don’t slip around.

Also have a cheeky bastard from Armageddon gear on one rifle and think it’s a good minimalistic option. https://www.armageddongear.com/cheeky-bastard.html

Have used triad stock packs for a while as well but have come to dislike how they hold onto snow and moisture in the late season. Otherwise no complaints besides being heavier than the two options above.

I run a Triad Tactical stock pack but instead of the Velcro strips I have a piece of shaped wood that’s duct taped to the stock. The pack covers it so it doesn’t look bad, and the pack itself adds some comfort and storage for whatever you want

Can some of y'all with the DIY risers post some pictures?
This one is super high, I took the scope and rings off of another gun and the rail is the only mount I could find during these shortages and it makes it even higher. Dense foam under an elastic ammo sleave.

Attachments

• C8A8141D-788E-4841-9FD8-37BAC3D1288B.jpeg
    C8A8141D-788E-4841-9FD8-37BAC3D1288B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back