Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Checking in from TN

Stretcher_Jockey

Hey folks, been lurking awhile and finally decided to make an account. Really love the atmosphere of this forum and its members.

I'm from western TN, I'm 22 years old and I work as a Paramedic. I've been hunting whitetails, turkeys, and lots of small game since I was big enough to be out in the woods. I've been pretty successful with it to this point but my dream since I was a little kid was to start taking trips west. To this point in my life the furthest west I've been is Little Rock, Arkansas so I'm in for a treat I'm sure. I used to be one of the ones they thought western hunting was a rich mans game but shows and podcasts such as Randy's as well as Steven Rinella's have shown me that with a lot of work I can get out there too.

To start I've put in for some leftover antelope tags in Wyoming for this year. Hoping come early October I'll be headed west after some speed goats! I'm so excited to get started with something I've dreamed of doing since I was a little kid.

Just wanted to put this out there. Not sure how much I'll be posting but I can guarantee I'll be reading this forum regularly from here on out. Thanks to all of you for giving this noobie a place to learn from folks with some great firsthand experience.

Welcome. I grew up just east of Memphis on the MS side. You're definitely coming from a good area. Good luck on the draw and this fall.

I applied for it for the first time this year. I don't have any archery experience or even have an archery setup currently, but I'm planning on getting setup this next spring. The few folks I know that have got to hunt there took 5-8 years to draw so I decided to just start applying now the year before I get started to get an extra point towards going.

Hey folks, been lurking awhile and finally decided to make an account. Really love the atmosphere of this forum and its members.

I'm from western TN, I'm 22 years old and I work as a Paramedic. I've been hunting whitetails, turkeys, and lots of small game since I was big enough to be out in the woods. I've been pretty successful with it to this point but my dream since I was a little kid was to start taking trips west. To this point in my life the furthest west I've been is Little Rock, Arkansas so I'm in for a treat I'm sure. I used to be one of the ones they thought western hunting was a rich mans game but shows and podcasts such as Randy's as well as Steven Rinella's have shown me that with a lot of work I can get out there too.

To start I've put in for some leftover antelope tags in Wyoming for this year. Hoping come early October I'll be headed west after some speed goats! I'm so excited to get started with something I've dreamed of doing since I was a little kid.

Just wanted to put this out there. Not sure how much I'll be posting but I can guarantee I'll be reading this forum regularly from here on out. Thanks to all of you for giving this noobie a place to learn from folks with some great firsthand experience.

Welcome! I'll be 25 in less than a month and live the same story as you but here in Ohio for Deer, Turkey, Squirrel and small game. I took a solo trip to WV last winter for deer & bear, found cool bear sign but never got one. This year will be my first year hunting out west for Antelope and Mule Deer on public land in Wyoming. If it wasn't for sources like what Randy does i don't think i'd be out there either, at least not this soon or on my own, but i WOULD still be doing it here in the east! it's a blast and i can't wait to see what its like in the West too.

what unit leftovers are you in for? i'll be hunting does in 108. I know they had leftovers.

what unit leftovers are you in for? i'll be hunting does in 108. I know they had leftovers.
Either 17, 19, or 20. My choices were that order for a buck tag and 17 or 20 for does. Not a ton of public land in them but I got OnX and believe I've found some good ways to access what is there. Just waiting on the leftover draw to find out exactly where.

Welcome and good luck with your new pursuits. I'm from Jackson and started going out west 6 years ago at 43 y/o. I wish I had started at your age. I'll be happy to met over a beer or wing and share what I have learned, limited as it is.
HD

Welcome from East Tennessee. I went on my first antelope hunt last year and hopefully will be back next year. I too spent some time hauling the sick, lame, and lazy on the ol meat wagon. Don't make my living that way anymore but have kept my license just in case. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back