Cheap Southeast Hog Hunt?

Been hunting a Fla. WMA. Only costs like $27 for a management permit. If u only hunt hogs that it .no license needed. U have to hunt during another open season though.
My first rodeo so I'm still on the learning curve.

Been hunting a Fla. WMA. Only costs like $27 for a management permit. If u only hunt hogs that it .no license needed. U have to hunt during another open season though.
My first rodeo so I'm still on the learning curve.
You sure about that? Not disagreeing but unless things have changed that it not true about hunting permits on WMA

I was wrong looks like that is in the regulation. At least on WMA I posted earlier... cool deal

Last edited:
You sure about that? Not disagreeing but unless things have changed that it not true about hunting permits on WMA

I was wrong looks like that is in the regulation. At least on WMA I posted earlier... cool deal
[/QUOTE
I was surprised also when I talked to FWC. As a nonresident this is a great thing. I'm getting to see and learn about new topography and vegetation....I'm having a new hunting experience.
If I could only find some pigs now....sign is everywhere.
Having fun. 😀

@Howie And to be clear, hogs have to be a permitted species to take during said open season. Each WMA has it's own specific regs and not all allow hogs to be taken during every open season.

A couple of reasons I'm asking if anyone knows about this.

Several guys in my church are interested in hunting and I'm looking for a relatively cost effective way to show them a good time. When trying to find places to take them near home, many outfits are asking $250+ for a half day, non-guaranteed hunt. I don't care about the non-guaranteed part, but asking guys to throw in $250+ plus travel costs, etc. for a half day (and likely several hour plus drive) is a bit much in my opinion. Anyone know of a place that offers something like a $100/day/person options? Camping on site would be ideal.

Secondarily, I want somewhere to go during the long break between seasons lol. Public land down here is not generally open for hogs year round and I don't feel like trying to justify $250 to my wife several times over the next 6 months lol. Anyone ever heard of a hog only lease in the FL/GA area? Or just anything reasonable to come spending a day hoping to see some pigs?

If none of the above exists, what do any of y'all recommend to scratch the hog hunting itch over the spring/summer?
Look up "two guys and hog", outside of perry florida. Fastest hunt ever with 100 percent success. Stay in the cabin for the night 5 bucks per person. Cabin has heat, air, restroom, shower and 6 beds. Fire pit outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back