Chasing Chukar???

BrdHntr

Ok, I see this term thrown around quite a bit. Chasing Chukar. You Bird Masters who profess to doing this, explain.

Do you climb up big hills, jump Birds then chase them around? When they land, you run over to them and chase again? Many of the pics I see posted by these self proclaimed Chukar Chaser dudes usually show a pointing breed, mostly GSP's it seems. Yet, they must not be used as a pointer. Used for flushing, or are those dogs into chase, too? Not that this makes any difference, but, looks like a required hunting garment is a flat brimmed ball cap.

I must be doing it wrong. I cut my pointers loose, let them hunt out wide, I slowly keep up with them, let them detect bird scent and when they go on point, I go in, flush and hopefully shoot a bird. I don't get this "Chasing Chukar" method

Last edited:
You call yourself a BrdHntr, so what does it mean to Hunt Birds?

Definition of Hunt
verb
pursue and kill (a wild animal) for sport or food.
"in the autumn they hunted deer"

Similar:
chase, give chase to, pursue, stalk,course, hunt down

Just another way to say Chukar Hunting, no secret method necessary.

Ok, I see this term thrown around quite a bit. Chasing Chukar. You Bird Masters who profess to doing this, explain.

Do you climb up big hills, jump Birds then chase them around? When they land, you run over to them and chase again? Many of the pics I see posted by these self proclaimed Chukar Chaser dudes usually show a pointing breed, mostly GSP's it seems. Yet, they must not be used as a pointer. Used for flushing, or are those dogs into chase, too? Not that this makes any difference, but, looks like a required hunting garment is a flat brimmed ball cap.

I must be doing it wrong. I cut my pointers loose, let them hunt out wide, I slowly keep up with them, let them detect bird scent and when they go on point, I go in, flush and hopefully shoot a bird. I don't get this "Chasing Chukar" method
May i ask how much Chukar hunting you've done?

We bow before you oh wise one. :rolleyes:

a1588f_ce12791adea4460196ed38e1f3ec9cdf_mv2.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back