Caribou Gear

central wyoming antelope

dan.kirkpatrick

got lucky this year and pulled tags,,,anybody out there familiar with the area just west of casper? would like any recomondations on any good places to set up a camp,,,Ill be in both unit 72 and 73,,,are ther any trees to camp by out by hells 1/2 acre or there abouts?nothin fancy needed,just dont know if theres any tree clump areas out there,,,pretty open.

Dan...apparently you have never been to Hell's 1/2 acre. There is a reason for the name, the only difference is there is always a breeze.

was there back when i was a little kid,,,forty +years ago,,,only remember sagebrush,google earth appears that not much has changed,,,maybe burlington resivoir has something?problably just roam around and see what i can find,,,probly nothin much.

We use to go up every summer to Lysite and work. Once you head west out of Casper there isn't a whole lot of anything. Wish I was more help. Good luck on your hunt.

from what I saw last year if you want a clump of trees,,,, bring them with you, I eye balled the stairs on an oil tank for hanging and skinning :)

Is there anything more towards the n western corner of 73 for a shade tree?,,,there are some hills in 72 that might have something?I know its antelope country,I wanted open country,i got it.

I know for a fact that some of the sagebrush will be over 5 feet tall in the bottoms. Does that count for trees?:D

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back