central wyo antelope units

billy-bob8

I have been doing my pre-season research to try to draw a tag in central wyo. I have narrowed my choices down to units 46, 47, 48, and 62. I realize that these units are not the "blue chip" choices, but I am more interested in being able to go every 2-3 years, then wait for the 5-6 year units. so here are my questions. can anybody share what the public land access in these areas are like? Does anybody have an opinion of 1 units potential over the others. And does anybody have a rancher they have paid a trespass fee to, and was it worth it verses public land. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have been doing my pre-season research to try to draw a tag in central wyo. I have narrowed my choices down to units 46, 47, 48, and 62. I realize that these units are not the "blue chip" choices, but I am more interested in being able to go every 2-3 years, then wait for the 5-6 year units. so here are my questions. can anybody share what the public land access in these areas are like? Does anybody have an opinion of 1 units potential over the others. And does anybody have a rancher they have paid a trespass fee to, and was it worth it verses public land. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I can tell you from my experience a call to the Game Warden in those Units can pay big dividends when looking for info. The local Chamber s of Commerce will have Rancher Lists, and the Warden can point you toward the right place. You just have to make the call. I have hunted Eastern Wyoming, not Central so I don't have any info on these areas to help you. But I did my own research and it paid off. Good Luck

I can tell you from my experience a call to the Game Warden in those Units can pay big dividends when looking for info. The local Chamber s of Commerce will have Rancher Lists, and the Warden can point you toward the right place. You just have to make the call. I have hunted Eastern Wyoming, not Central so I don't have any info on these areas to help you. But I did my own research and it paid off. Good Luck

Amen the people at Wyo Game and Fish are more than helpful and everytime I have called they have been very pleasant and informative cant say enough about the customer service of the main office and even the wardens I have talked to

Call the office in Cheyenne and they will send you the trespass list.I did that last week for a deer hunt,and got the imfo in a few days.Tell them the units your looking at and they will send a list.Talking with the local biologists in the areas you plan to hunt has always worked well.Antelope hunting is about as fun as it gets.You will have a good time and see a ton of animals.I was concerned my 1st time,but upon arriving,everything I was told was true.Bring plenty of ammo!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back