CDS on older gold ring

wheels

i maybe getting a gold ring thinking if i can put CDS on it thanks

The scope has to be a cds model in order to have a cds turret. They might be able to add a cds but at that price you might as well buy a new cds model. I could be wrong but I believe that's how it is.

From website:
Give em a call...
We don’t just work on new scopes. The Custom Shop can upgrade your current Leupold riflescopes too. Call 1-888-629-4811 for more information.

Don't know what it costs now. This was several years ago. I believe that if you give Leupold the serial number of the scope you would like retrofitted, they will confirm if it is possible. mtmuley

Last edited:
If you don’t want to go the CDS route call and ask for an S1 dial setup if it fits your scope. They fit VX2/VX3 click adjustments scopes. They include a zero stop also.

If you don’t want to go the CDS route call and ask for an S1 dial setup if it fits your scope. They fit VX2/VX3 click adjustments scopes. They include a zero stop also.
Interesting. Guess I generalize the term CDS. I have several, but only use the MOA dials. Good info. mtmuley

I emailed leupold custom shop a few years back, 2015 and this is what I was emailed back. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 1560742033494541617012.jpg
    1560742033494541617012.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 21
I asked the same question earlier this year about adding a CDs to a Vx3i and got this response from them

“If your scope doesn't have the CDS (Custom Dial System) elevation adjustment installed, it would have to come in to our factory to be retrofitted with such an elevation adjustment at a cost of $150. With that adjustment you get a stock MOA dial. The Custom BDC (Bullet Drop Compensating) dial marked with the drops in yardages of your specific load to go on that adjustment would cost an additional $80, for a total outlay of $230 on your part.
Best Regards”

In my opinion it’s cheaper to get one out of the gate with a cds setup unless the scope has some sentimental value

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back