PEAX Equipment

Cattle Grazing National Forest

You can also click on the upper right hand corner where it says, "Modify Map", then in the table of contents, when you click on the three dots under the layer, you can "Enable Popup". That way when you click on an allotment a popup with the attributes appears

Reactions: Oak
Thanks for working on this guys. The area i bow hunt was freaking overrun with sheep come hunting season this year. They weren't there two weeks before when I scouted, so it really screwed things up for us this year. They were all over at the trailhead, the campground, and all the places we normally camp and hunt. I can deal with the cattle normally but the sheep seem to really screw up the hunting in an area when they're that dense.

Thanks for working on this guys. The area i bow hunt was freaking overrun with sheep come hunting season this year. They weren't there two weeks before when I scouted, so it really screwed things up for us this year. They were all over at the trailhead, the campground, and all the places we normally camp and hunt. I can deal with the cattle normally but the sheep seem to really screw up the hunting in an area when they're that dense.
Careful, those sheep are helping knock down the national debt. :D

Contact you local BLMor FS office ask for the range con (if you know the allotment name, that will help) ask for the grazing plan (BLM)or the annual operating instructions (AOI) for the FS. Some offices have different names for these guiding documents, but they should know what you mean. Expect them to be old and out of date. These are public documents and should be free to the public. Enforcement of these plans is thin at best as most offices are short staffed. This year has been particularly bad, I have my theories.

Permit information and annual operating plan may differ. For the BLM permit it will tell you the type, number, and season dates. It will likely not include the information as to which pasture within an allotment the livestock are. That is one thing that will be tough to incorporate into a map or app. As shown that info is available for USFS and also for BLM.

FWIW, most of the USFS allotments I worked with/on previously ran a 3 pasture rest rotation system. If cattle are in one part of the allotment, there would be few to no cattle in the other two parts.

Back