Cataract Surgery on the Way

David658

Won't type out the whole saga of incompetent doctors, rapid fire prescription changes, and rapid eyesight deterioration. Just saying that I am rejoicing that my cataract surgery is scheduled for June 6.

That muzzle loader my dear Bride bought me for my birthday (a Santa Fe Hawken) will finally get to be shot at a target I can see! Which is convenient, since we have an ML deer hunt (NM 2B) and our traditional muzzle loaders are the name of the game, no more optics allowed.

Going to go the toric lens route, which should correct my astigmatism and give me near normal long vision, but will need reading glasses. Fine by me! Also, my pupil does not dilate, is stuck to the lens, so that will go back to normal and I will get my night vision back.

Pretty stoked. To be able to hunt without eyeglasses is a novel concept, and to be able to see the target well for the first time in, well, forever, has me pretty stoked. Also helps me at my job, where I am sidelined for the time being since being half blind doesn't help much with reading radiographs (x-ray images).

Not really looking for advice, just crowing a bit! Using the GoLo diet, and am down over 20# in a bit less than 2 months, and looking forward to being able to cover the miles on our hunts. Tired of wearing an extra 60#....and my best hunting gear is skinny and I can almost fit in it now.

Lordy, appreciate and maintain your health. At best I have ten years of hunting left, wish I had prepped for it 20 years ago.

David
NM

Just had it done. left eye on the 12th and right eye the 19th. Took a long time to get the appointment .
The procedures were a breeze. Real happy with the results. I got rid of the glasses and treated myself to a high dollar pair of polarized sun glasses.
Now to loose the 20 lbs I've put on . Good luck!

Best of luck. Dr inform me cataract surgery in my near future. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.

I finally got an opthamoligist appt. , for Aug. 3rd to get my eye checked out. Fuzzy vision in it.

Both eyes done for cataracts in spring 2012, 11 years later and still AWESOME! Being able to read street signs at normal speeds is under stated. Good readers and GTG! But buy a few pairs cause you will be saying "where the hell did I put my glasses down?"

For every 1000 cataract surgeries that are wildly successful there's one that isn't. That's the one I got. Terrible blurred vision. I've had at least 4 prescription changes in the last few years. I still wouldn't discourage anyone from getting it done. Just be aware that not all surgeries successful.

Won't type out the whole saga of incompetent doctors, rapid fire prescription changes, and rapid eyesight deterioration. Just saying that I am rejoicing that my cataract surgery is scheduled for June 6.

That muzzle loader my dear Bride bought me for my birthday (a Santa Fe Hawken) will finally get to be shot at a target I can see! Which is convenient, since we have an ML deer hunt (NM 2B) and our traditional muzzle loaders are the name of the game, no more optics allowed.

Going to go the toric lens route, which should correct my astigmatism and give me near normal long vision, but will need reading glasses. Fine by me! Also, my pupil does not dilate, is stuck to the lens, so that will go back to normal and I will get my night vision back.

Pretty stoked. To be able to hunt without eyeglasses is a novel concept, and to be able to see the target well for the first time in, well, forever, has me pretty stoked. Also helps me at my job, where I am sidelined for the time being since being half blind doesn't help much with reading radiographs (x-ray images).

Not really looking for advice, just crowing a bit! Using the GoLo diet, and am down over 20# in a bit less than 2 months, and looking forward to being able to cover the miles on our hunts. Tired of wearing an extra 60#....and my best hunting gear is skinny and I can almost fit in it now.

Lordy, appreciate and maintain your health. At best I have ten years of hunting left, wish I had prepped for it 20 years ago.

David
NM
You will be amazed.

My surgeon is a good friend and an outdoorsman. I told him I wanted to see deer a mile away and didn't care if I wore readers.
I also had my astigmatism fixed.

Surgery yesterday. Went to the grocery after the followup appointment and bought plain old sunglasses, since the prescription ones don't work right any more. Vision is 20/30 right now, doc thinks once the swelling is down I will have 20/20 or better. Bought some readers, don't mind them at all.

Colors are so sharp! And, even with the vision still with room to improve, I can see better now at this point than I could with my glasses, since they could not correct me better than about 20/40 once the cataract came to play.

Wowsers!

David
NM

I kinda can't wait til I get cataracts so insurance will pay to fix it. I have horrible myopia and I'm sick of wearing (and paying for) contacts and coke-bottle glasses.

I can't wait to see them.
I'm right eye dominant and have what we used to call a lazy eye and that really screws with my vision now.

For every 1000 cataract surgeries that are wildly successful there's one that isn't. That's the one I got. Terrible blurred vision. I've had at least 4 prescription changes in the last few years. I still wouldn't discourage anyone from getting it done. Just be aware that not all surgeries successful.
I am so sorry.
What a nightmare that must be.

I kinda can't wait til I get cataracts so insurance will pay to fix it. I have horrible myopia and I'm sick of wearing (and paying for) contacts and coke-bottle glasses.
If you are talking Lasik surgery in addition to cataracts, what is your occupation? Told the doc I could not see my high voltage meter on a 12 foot hotstick any more and then insurance paid for it all.

If you are talking Lasik surgery in addition to cataracts, what is your occupation? Told the doc I could not see my high voltage meter on a 12 foot hotstick any more and then insurance paid for it all.
My insurance won't pay for Lasik. But from what I understand, cataract surgery basically fixes myopia. And insurance does cover that.

Best friend and I hunting in Wyoming and I say " what did you get on the lens of the spotter, its all blurry and theres like a spot on the lower left corner 7oclockish. He says, let me see, looks thru it and says your crazy its perfectly clear!

6 months later I had right eye cataract surgery and I could see better 4 hours post operation than before the surgery. Anyway eye Dr says your cataract was really bad and interfering in the bottom left 7 oclock position of your eye.

That was 2021 and now I need the left eye done. Glad we I wasn't living 100 years ago or I would have had blindness in my later years for sure if I made it that long.

My insurance won't pay for Lasik. But from what I understand, cataract surgery basically fixes myopia. And insurance does cover that.
The surgery will cure myopia if you have a lens put in to do that. Cheaper than Lasik, but your insurance will likely not pay for the lens.

David
NM

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back