Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Cartridge engravings (keepsakes)

p_ham

Somebody had asked before about engraving cartridges to mark a special harvest.

I can do them for $5+ return shipping.

I haven't looked to see what padded envelopes are running these days cost wise but it's probably not much.

I know hunting season is already underway, just something to keep in mind.

Attachments

• 20231023_192542.jpg
    20231023_192542.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
mine are in baggies with a piece of paper. Very cool. I need to dig up my first elk, deer and antelope and send them to you. Heck maybe I sent you bunch. They all have a story if I kept them.

Mine just sit in my safe. Rather see them once in a while with the memory.

I know I will get some heat for this but I really don't mind. You have a business you just started and do great work but please don't cheat yourself! $25 would be more than worth having that done! You take the time to set each personalized cartridge up and have to package and mail them back. Your time is worth more.

Great idea for those that save the "kill cases".
How small can you engrave?
I reload my "kill cases" but have a baby food jar of my "kill bullets" taken from animals since I started hunting in the 50's. Most I can remember the animal. Not much room to engrave but worth a try.

I know I will get some heat for this but I really don't mind. You have a business you just started and do great work but please don't cheat yourself! $25 would be more than worth having that done! You take the time to set each personalized cartridge up and have to package and mail them back. Your time is worth more.
I do understand that, and for most items I charge substantially more. However, I don't know many people who would pay $25 to have done what they're already doing with a sharpie.
I would put this more into marketing than sales. Like handing out pens with a logo on them.

I reload my "kill cases" but have a baby food jar of my "kill bullets" taken from animals since I started hunting in the 50's. Most I can remember the animal. Not much room to engrave but worth a try.
For font, anything below 1/16" gets hard to read. I haven't done anything on copper yet but I'll run a test.

mine are in baggies with a piece of paper. Very cool. I need to dig up my first elk, deer and antelope and send them to you. Heck maybe I sent you bunch. They all have a story if I kept them.

Mine just sit in my safe. Rather see them once in a while with the memory.
A shadowbox would be cool!

Size test on copper. I'd call .030" the smallest size that's still legible. You lose some clarity with the cell phone camera.
20231025_102222.jpg

20231025_102117.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back