Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Carrying extra fuel

Butcher

Wonder what is the best way to transport gas in the truck into the back country. I have plastic gas cans but they seem to splash out or leak fumes a little, just enough to be annoying. I just want to have 5 gallons on hand for “just in case”. Looking for something that won’t leak fumes or seep out. I might be sleeping a few nights under the topper. Just curious to see what some of you are running with. Thanks

Get a top quality steel gas can. i don’t use the plastic ones For transporting fuel for that reason. I also do not use the really poorly Designed spouts that come on many of those plastic cans. I can’t imagine what possible benefit or feature they were going for with that “safety” spout system.
you will pay a lot more for the steel but the well built ones don’t leak fuel or fumes. Cry once…

I’m not 100% sure of the brand I have….maybe eagle…if I remember I’ll check and repost. very happy with mine for the last 6-7 yrs.

I only use a racing fuel jug these days. Filter,flex line,no leaks nor fumes.
Use a push button safety spigot plastic model for mix.
I never store fuel for long anymore, nor have I ever run any...lol

I have a bunch of the Eagles, those are spending too. They seal well but I wouldn’t want them in the rig. Probably ok in a bed with topper though. Tie them down.

I use a 5 gallon steel safety can. Bought it at Lowe’s. They’re expensive but worth it. They seal tight and last for a long long time.

Wavian will work. They're basically the new version of the old World War era Swiss (or maybe its German) jerry cans. I use those because they're cheaper than wavian cans.

Just make sure whatever can you get it's compatible with this spout. I can drain a full can in like 10 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back