Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Carrying Duck decoys

TexanSam

How does everyone carry their duck decoys? I'm looking at trying a new way to carry them in, and a mesh bag slung to my back is getting old

How does everyone carry their duck decoys? I'm looking at trying a new way to carry them in, and a mesh bag slung to my back is getting old

If I'm carrying very many, I use bungee cords to lash the mesh bag to my old pack frame. If I'm just taking a dozen or less and going a ways, I'll stuff them in my Mystery Ranch.

The area's I hunt are walk in and usually have a dirt road or clearing you walk down. So I went to home depot and bought a cart, has 4 wheels sits off the ground well to get through some brush. Carriers 3 dozen dekes, 2 spinning wing, blind bag, chair, shotgun, drinks n' snacks, and just about anything else I want. I went this route cause I saw some guys using those sleds and wheels just make more sense.

How many, and how far? A dozen texas-rigged decoys has a half dozen slung over each shoulder. Two dozen takes a decoy bag (miserable). Have something else I've been putting off making for a number of years, but the prototype worked ridiculously well. I think I just found my project for February.

Maybe try the Refuge Runner. I've had some good luck with it

If you take a cart you take more crap. I normally strap a bag to my pack frame keeps the kitchen sink problems away

I use a jet sled. I can get a dozen decoys, gun, bag, and chair all without strapping anything down and it slides pretty good on the grass.

I have been using one of the larger Northern Flight decoy bags from Cabelas this year. It is lightyears better than my old mesh decoy bags.

In it, I have been carrying, lately. 3 full sized Canada floaters, 10 mallards, 6 woodies, and a 12 teal. I am really getting to like those teal decoys. I wish I could find mallard decoys of the same size.

I use a mesh "backpack" bag, but I have discovered a little trick to save the back of my legs.......rolled the bag bottom up five or six folds and "sewed" the bottom to itself to shorten the length so that it doesn't hit the back of my legs with every stride. This also moves the weight up higher for a better balance (doesn't feel like it is trying to pull me over backwards).

For ducks I use a padded Avery bag that has a hipbelt. I have put 3 dozen full size decoys in it or 4-5dozen teal in it and walked a mile or more to our hunt spot without any issue. For geese I use a beavertail sled with a big cover to hold more decoys. I had 18 bigfeet in it the other night with room for more still.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back