Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Car Detailing

Jamen

Curious how many on here like to detail their cars? I have always enjoyed doing it since high school. Turned it into a little side business when i have the time. Curious to those that do what products you like or dislike. I am always looking to try some new things, but i like asking people first what they like or dont like before buying. I have a few gallons of different products i have i do not use much anymore since i have sound better.

My first job was detailing cars at a car wash. To this day, I'm not capable of cleaning my rig without a full detail. My rig goes from a pig sty to a new off the lot look a couple times a year. Any time I smell carnauba, I instantly go back to 1993 and thinking about all of those NorCal girls with their tanned legs that worked at the car wash. Too bad I was so shy.

I did it for dealerships through the end of high school and college, probably one of my favorite jobs. You get to drive all kinds of cool vehicles and there’s something nice about seeing one go from pig sty to perfect shining in the sun!

Now I only mess mine and my wife’s, occasionally family. It always amazed me how nasty some people keep their vehicles, I’d hate to see how some people live at home 😂

In a previous life, I washed and detailed new school buses before delivery or pick-up. Zep 40 is the best glass cleaner I've found. For general cleaning and dusty stuff I used Z-Green or Simple Green type stuff. I also kept some 3M general purpose adhesive remover on hand as well.

I too like to do a full detail on my truck anytime I clean it out and anything less feels incomplete.

Nope , hate it ! When I was drag racing I always took a ration of shit because my cars were not gleaming .
Same thing dirt tracking , I'd show up to a race and my bike would have the dirt from last week still on it .
My show cars got a wash then a spray bottle wax job and tire spray .
Life's too short to polish paint , LOL

I agree with you guys seeing the before and after is what is satisfying for me. Once I got a carpet extractor and could see the dirt and juices come out of carpet and seats I was hooked. Anyone that says vacuuming alone cleans carpet and seats is a liar lol. I slowly started to get Into exterior details, I'm still a novice but would love to learn more about paint corrections and protections for exteriors.

I enjoy keeping the exterior shined up, although I don't always stay up with it.

I don't have the patience for interior detailing. I pay my daughter to do that part for me.

I Still have a grease stain on the back seat from a bone my dog chewed 10 months ago. dog died 5 months ago. I once had a blood stain on my tailgate that made my SIL sick. Just drove him crazy every time he saw it. Finally after a year and a half he washed my truck for me. did a good job too.

I enjoy cleaning my truck (not my wifes!) Something about that rich deep shine when its all buffed up. Usually lasts about 20 minutes after it gets pulled outside but still a sense of accomplishment. Unfortunately my hands limits how much rag holding espically buffing i can do anymore.

My first job was detailing cars at a car wash. To this day, I'm not capable of cleaning my rig without a full detail. My rig goes from a pig sty to a new off the lot look a couple times a year.
I didn't know this! Now I feel bad for making you ride around in my hunting truck/hobo camp.

Any time I smell carnauba, I instantly go back to 1993 and thinking about all of those NorCal girls with their tanned legs that worked at the car wash. Too bad I was so shy.

Hahaha Those girls knew what they were doing to you. To be young again!

The term full service car wash is deceptive here. Always go over ours with glass cleaner and a little spray polish...call it my ocd kit.

I don’t enjoy doing it myself however I am very meticulous about keeping my truck clean. I have it fully detailed at least once a year professionally, sometimes twice.
My wife has her SUV fully detailed every six months. We are very fortunate to have a friend and his wife who have a detailing business locally. They are fantastic people and do wonderful job, we are lucky to be able to help support them and receive such great service.
They have also branched out in full ceramic coatings and PPF as well. I had PFF applied to all the likely spots. Really well done.

I have to say that the reason I don't get things professionally detailed is because they put that dam oil on everything. It collects dirt and also ruins buttons and switches.
Try to keep our nice cars nice but we have kids so...

I don’t enjoy doing it myself however I am very meticulous about keeping my truck clean. I have it fully detailed at least once a year professionally, sometimes twice.
My wife has her SUV fully detailed every six months. We are very fortunate to have a friend and his wife who have a detailing business locally. They are fantastic people and do wonderful job, we are lucky to be able to help support them and receive such great service.
They have also branched out in full ceramic coatings and PPF as well. I had PFF applied to all the likely spots. Really well done.
Partial front end and mirrors? What colors are your vehicles?

Back