Canvas wall tent review request

kmo

Anyone have a Wilderness tent from Wall Tent Shop? I'm going internal frame. Are you happy with it? Concerns?

All I keep seeing is Davis Tents reviews here and on other forums but frankly I don't like the pin/grommet system on the ridgeline. Careful or not, especially setting up in really cold weather when hands are numb or heavily gloved, I can see snagging it and ripping the tent. Makes me real nervous. Anyone have experience with that?

If you are nervous about ripping a tent - ya better stay home, so not to rip your pants.
Or get your boots dirty.
Maybe a reason you find nothing on Wilderness tents from Wall Shop?

Last edited:
Go with Davis, pin/grommet system works just fine. We use two tents every year, for the last 12 years and have never had a problem.

I have no idea what a pin/grommet system is. But I can tell you that I bought a wilderness tent from the wall tent shop (free shipping and supporting a local Idaho guy were the clinchers) and have been completely satisfied with it.

I purchased a 14x16 wilderness with an 8' cook shack and extended fly this summer. Couldn't be more pleased with the tent, service, and mostly the PRICE. I did a lot of research and found that Davis, reliable, Montana, and the wall tent shop all get their fabric from the same supplier. That being said I am sure there are some differences in craftsmanship. The people at Davis and the tent shop where very helpful and informative over the phone. Reliable never returned my request for a quote even though I talked to a salesman over the phone? Montana canvas price was just to far out of line with the others for me. I believe you will get a good tent from any of them. The biggest factor will be how you care for it. Everything I wanted with mine as far as treatments, windows, screen doors, and stove jacks were included with the tent shop. These were all add ons that drove up the cost elsewhere. If you are doing internal frame just buy the angle kit and cut your own poles(it's a breeze).

Back