• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Use other source

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

300Win

Looking to buy a stove, just curious on what everyone's opinion is on water heaters.

Last edited:
Weight is not an issue, just wanted to know if a water heater is worth the money or not

Water heaters may be convenient to some though in my opinion, a coffee pot atop the stove works just as well w/o the price nor the extra weight/size.
Also, was there one on glass to view? Hell no... the draft slots in front are easy enough to see glowing embers and glass would simply get darkened right quick with the raw wood burn within none the less, break potential.

Last edited:
To me it's worth it. You have hot water on tap for hands/dishes, you get a little humidity boost in the tent and it radiates heat.

If you're setting up a big base camp it is a great addition.

i have one. it's not necessary, just a convenience. If you let it go dry while mounted, gaskets will need replaced.

Water heaters may be convenient to some though in my opinion, a coffee pot atop the stove works just as well w/o the price nor the extra weight/size.
Also, was there one on glass to view? Hell no... the draft slots in front are easy enough to see glowing embers and glass would simply get darkened right quick with the raw wood burn within none the less, break potential.

I saw that someone was posting about glass on the doors, I can't find those posts anymore though.

I have a cylinder stove with the water heater and love it. Not only do you have hot water but the big thing is you have some humidity (as mentioned) in the air. Run the wood stove a bunch and the air gets real dry in there and the water heater solves that problem.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back