canned venison

DKO

if you have never tried canned venison then you really should!!!! we use the canned meat for everything from chili to stew and over rice is nice too! anyway, one big advantage to this process is it doesnt eat-up freezer space!!!!!

i use the standard stove-top 8qt. jar canner!

1. cut,debone and remove all muscle membrane (sometimes refered to as silver skin) you know the stuff, what you want to end up with is cubed 1"x1" squares of clean meat.

2.fill with water to line on the shown on canner.

3. stuff jars full leaving few voids but not over packing and add one teaspoon of pickling salt to each jar! (typical canning)

4. clean around top rim of jar, boil lids as directed by instructions to moisten the gum rubber seal and place on the jars

5. add ring for top and snug it down, do not over tighten this seal finger tight is good!

6. water should be up to the curve of the jar when all jars are placed in the bottom of the canner!

7. boil on a slow roll for 3.5 hrs , remove and let lids seal, they should pop when they are done! double check all tops after removing them to reasure that a lids are sealed!

8. dry off jars put back in box and store till ready to use!!

this will provide easy precooked meat for quick meals when your on the go! try it im sure you'll like it, if you have any questions you can e-mail me and i will be glad to help!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

i want to add that since canning is a cooking process, you can use meat that has already been frozen
biggrin.gif
another plus to canning!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back