Caribou Gear Tarp

Pressure canner

BillDoe708

Looking to pick up a pressure canner for venison, soup, strew, potatoes and what not.

What do you use? Like about it, dislike?

Can you double stack jars in these tall ones?

Sorry. Lots of questions.

I’ve got 2 pressure canners. I first made due with a Presto for a lot of years until I came across an All American at an estate sale for cheap.

I still use both, it great doubling up on batches, but I’d much rather use the All American. I don’t know the why if it, but it holds pressure more constant so I don’t have to babysit it as much.

And yes, the taller ones you can stack jars in. Neither of mine are tall enough to stack a double row of quarts, but I do routinely stack pints. Just make sure you have the tray to stick in between the layers.

Last edited:
All American pressure cooker/canner here. It's a big one and we do stack pint jars when needed. We love it and have used it a ton this fall canning jellies, vegetables, salsa, and venison. We also use our hot bath canner occasionally, but prefer the pressure. We use our insta pot or crock pot for our stews and potatoes.

All American 925 is the one I have, love it. Yes can stack pints, but not quarts, they are heavy and will last generations. Some of the reviews said it is very difficult to get them to seal due to being a machined fit and no gasket. Follow the directions and lightly oil the sealing surface and then tighten evenly, have never had a problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back