Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Canada waterfowl hunters - importation ban

Hunting Wife

If you had plans to hunt birds in Canada this year, be aware that USDA has banned all imports of hunter harvested birds from Canada into the US under the guise of avian influenza.

Never mind that all these birds would have transitted the US anyway during migration. Not sure what they are thinking on this one.

Very off topic but I feel DIY and guided hunters should be given bird tags (say like 4 limits or something like that) and once those are filled they are done.These people up here for weeks at a time is craxy and they are usually the ones tossing whole birds in the bush. Last fall there was 150-200 uncleaned birds dumped in one spot around here

Very off topic but I feel DIY and guided hunters should be given bird tags (say like 4 limits or something like that) and once those are filled they are done.These people up here for weeks at a time is craxy and they are usually the ones tossing whole birds in the bush. Last fall there was 150-200 uncleaned birds dumped in one spot around here
It's not just up there. Guys around here with numbers of geese at the end of the season over 100 just blows me away. How can they eat/give away that many? A few years ago I had this obsession to hit 100 ducks. I got to 103. It was so tough to stay under our possession limit (combined with my wife) and we couldn't eat them hardly fast enough

It's not just up there. Guys around here with numbers of geese at the end of the season over 100 just blows me away. How can they eat/give away that many? A few years ago I had this obsession to hit 100 ducks. I got to 103. It was so tough to stay under our possession limit (combined with my wife) and we couldn't eat them hardly fast enough
I can’t talk cause I shoot over a hundred birds every fall probably. Hell my group did 115 in 3 shoots over the weekend. But I turn it into some sausage and a lot of jerky and give alot of the jerky away to people at work and landowners. Just the flat out shooting them one morning and dumping them off that afternoon is awful.

The tags would help with people usually outfitters and Americans tying up multiple fields and then they hunt one while we have to watch multiple other never get hunted but they have spoken for it

The tags would help with people usually outfitters and Americans tying up multiple fields and then they hunt one while we have to watch multiple other never get hunted but they have spoken for it
I understand your frustration with people tying up fields and no one hunts them. And wasting birds is a big no, no. How would the tags free those fields? The outfitters and Americans are still going to tie those fields up until they get their tags filled and if it’s an outfitter they will just have new hunters with new tags or a new American party will be in line to get permission.

Gonna suck for everybody like guides and local businesses that depend on hunters to make a living. Just got through with covid now this. Feel for those folks.

Gonna suck for everybody like guides and local businesses that depend on hunters to make a living. Just got through with covid now this. Feel for those folks.
I was slightly turned off my argentina research when I found I couldn't bring any ducks home and I even looked for a bit into other SA countries but I'm 100 percent booking in Argentina still

Private. But it’s different here can still get permission for the most part and no leasing. Just frustrating when they speak for multiple fields and never hunt them
Yeah. I hate that shit. The local DU honcho here is the worst. I've alerted the landowners in the valley to his laying claim to every property for same day and he has been banned from several properties. A game hog supreme. Almost came to blows the first time I met him. Landowner gave me permission to hunt and this jerk drives right to my decoys screaming obscenities and pretending to have the authority to kick me off. For crying out loud, it's just geese. Plenty for everyone. There's a European ethnic group around here who are notorious for game hogishness and violations. Not pointing any fingers but it's a country in the shape of a boot. That guy is their leader. I hate it when I see his distinctive license plate. Ruins my whole day ... which I'm sure is exactly what he wants.

I understand your frustration with people tying up fields and no one hunts them. And wasting birds is a big no, no. How would the tags free those fields? The outfitters and Americans are still going to tie those fields up until they get their tags filled and if it’s an outfitter they will just have new hunters with new tags or a new American party will be in line to get permission.
I would hope it would limit time up here instead of being here for 2weeks. Or maybe we have to look at a SD system. When I used to live and hunt by the quill lakes o wouldn’t hunt geese from about September 10-15 till late October cause I couldn’t get on any fields

I would hope it would limit time up here instead of being here for 2weeks. Or maybe we have to look at a SD system. When I used to live and hunt by the quill lakes o wouldn’t hunt geese from about September 10-15 till late October cause I couldn’t get on any fields
I get ya.

Those goose dumpers do get caught occasionally. I had a friend in high school whose dad was a pretty successful call maker in Illinois and he did federal time for it.

Filled out all of my ArriveCAN info this week. We are jumping on the bird tomorrow and heading to SK. Looking forward to seeing our friends up there as we haven’t been up that way since the fall of 19. The guy we go with processes all of the birds into sausage/jerky/etc. Plus his wife makes some darn good duck poppers, so we eat a bunch while there.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back