Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Can you get the Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36 in something other than the standard duplex reticle?

Justabirdwatcher

I'm pretty sure this will be my next scope, but I'm not a fan of the standard Leupold duplex reticle. I find that 6 MOA from the center crosshair to the tip of the bottom post is much more useful for my rifles than the 4 MOA that the standard Leupold duplex reticle offers. And I don't want to dial. That's the only thing that's keeping me from pulling the trigger on one of these scopes.

Not any more, according to Leuopold. They used to also make it with a:
Boone & Crockett Reticle
SKU: 170679
No longer for sale

Maybe find a used one or someone might have it in stock if you search for the SKU. A quick search found this potentially new for sale. https://www.bearbasin.net/category-s/3512.htm

Get a different scope, or learn how to shoot with the Leupold. Easy. mtmuley

How do you find the CDS in the field?
It’s not too cumbersome, you just have to be careful on the older ones without the zero lock, like I have, that the turret didn’t move off zero as you’re barreling through the mountains. I usually don’t dial anything less than 300 anyway and at that distance the animals are usually calm and give you a chance to dial

It’s not too cumbersome, you just have to be careful on the older ones without the zero lock, like I have, that the turret didn’t move off zero as you’re barreling through the mountains. I usually don’t dial anything less than 300 anyway and at that distance the animals are usually calm and give you a chance to dial
Thanks. I may look for one of those.

Back