Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Can Someone Help me with MATH ?!?!?

Moosie

Grand poopa
thid Doesn't make sense. I am now suposed to know whats going on with hunting, HArvest, habitat and Whatnots... So I'm looking at harvest Reports, Etc. But I don';t understand this. Take a look at this link :

http://www2.state.id.us/fishgame/hunt/programsinfo/genharv/02gen_elk_zone_harv.htm

NOW... It happens in over 20 Spots but why is there 1 tag Sold for BAnnock Region and 5 hunters hunting there ? then look on the Beaverhead with 0 tags sold and 7 hunters ? Big desert with 0 sold, 8 hunters and a 13% rate of kill !!!

Keep scrolling down and the numbers Get Even Sillier.. With Data like that, What am I to figure out ?

Maybe that Data is only as good as whats gotten and Given. More of a Waste of my time..... :mad: :rolleyes:
soapbox.gif
soapbox.gif

HAHA !! My favorite is the "UNKNOWN" unit... Fuggin B tag is 1505 hunters.... With a Success of 188% >?!?! How the Fugg can they get Success if they don;t even know were tehy were hunting ?!?!??

The F&G stats are not at all complete and I don't think they have a statistics major working the spreadsheets either. If they did, they would be questioning the same things you are.

1 Bannock Zone tag + 5 hunters = Party Hunters

0 Big Desert tag + 8 hunters(1 actually got something) = POACHER - LOL!!

My guess is that if nobody is buying those A/B tags where the numbers are low, you probably don't want to hunt there or there are reasons why nobody is buying them.

Moosie, I say you figure out the numbers and send them to F&G and they will hire you as the Director. I'm just pulling one out of my @$$ here but I think most of F&G directors and board members have degrees in wildlife and biology...not accounting!!

They must have had the same math teachers as my ex-wife. Those numbers look a lot like my check book when we were married. LOL

Even for those guys who knew where they were hunting, they didn't know what season they hunted.

Moosie, What kind of hunters do you have up there? Does the cold effect their quantitative capability?

:cool:

I actually did Mess up on a Report once. the year I hunted Montana too. Instead of saying a 5x6 I said a 6x6. But in Idaho It's not a Law that you need to tell the Truth on your Harvest reports anyways.......... So what good is a Bunch of mandatory reports that are a Bunch of Bunk Info ? I'm guesing there is Some truth to it.... :rolleyes:

Whats funny is when They ask What deer unit you're hunting. I always say 39 because It's close.. Yet, I don't hunt 39 Exclusivly. Since it's an Open Hunt, I can Legally hunt anywere. I hope they don't change that part though. That would blow :D :D

Although, This year I think I'm hunting "UNKNOWN" B tag.... Looks like there is a 188% success there
elkgrin.gif

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back