Can my local FFL order directly from Howa ?

Millsworks

I would like to get a rifle from Howa with a heavier barrel than the very thin sporter I keep seeing available.
My local shop says his supplier doesn't carry any models with the heavy barrel contour.
Can they at the retail level contact Howa or better yet can I do so and set it up to ship to my local FFL ?
Phone number to find out?

Most FFL holders I have ever known were too small to buy guns directly and needed to go through a wholesaler

From the Legacy Sports website FAQ:

CAN I PURCHASE A FIREARM DIRECT FROM LEGACY SPORTS INTERNATIONAL?​

Only a holder of a valid Federal Firearms license, (FFL) may buy a gun directly from Legacy Sports Int.
Seems to be saying that an FFL holder can order direct from them. Seems like a good option. Howa always offers dozens of models in their catalog that are impossible to find from dealers online. I might see if any local FFLs can get a hold of a walnut-stocked mini action once rifles start showing up on shelves again.

Howa Facebook page says, "Any dealer with a storefront and a valid FFL can order directly from Legacy Sports International."

Yes, I thought that it was a good thing for any FFL to be able to order those options they never have on a store shelf.
Barrel contour on most is awfully thin for my taste.
But, the two local shops I deal with couldn't get in touch with anyone at Legacy.
So had to take what the distribution guys offered.
Hopefully I can be happy with it.

Time will tell.

I know it's months since this was ask, but, I tried to find a Howa 243 for 6 months and finally snagged one last month. I called several dealers and they all said the wholesalers we're out, I tried Even calling Legacy Sports directly and was pleasingly surprised that they looked and said they would not have any back in stock till February or March of 2022, that I needed my dealer to put one one order because most would be spoken for. My local dealer looked everywhere for two months and found nothing available. Untill last months call to them. He made many calls and no one had one. Surprisingly he got a call back later from a wholesaler in La. That found just what I was looking for not on inventory.
Morale of the story, don't give up looking, calling or visiting. And above all don't be rude to "The hand that feeds you"
They may find a miracle on a shelf somewhere 😎

I've been trying to get a new Howa myself and have been on the waiting list for months while they get over supply chain and inventory issues. My LGS has one I like but I'm interested in their cerakote offerings so I'll admit that I'm being a little picky - I should probably buy the one from my LGS and just pay the $200 to have it cerakoted locally.

I've been trying to get a new Howa myself and have been on the waiting list for months while they get over supply chain and inventory issues. My LGS has one I like but I'm interested in their cerakote offerings so I'll admit that I'm being a little picky - I should probably buy the one from my LGS and just pay the $200 to have it cerakoted locally.
According to The Lady at Legacy Sports the shipments between now and February or March 2022 are spoken for like mine, if you find one close to what you want, go for it. My 308 I bought in September last was on sale as a package with a scope and threaded barrel. The 243 I got last month was same package different scope, but $100 more. Still under advertised retail. To me worth every penny. Mine were not needed, just wanted. Interestingly a cupple days ago Bass pro ran a Savage 243 for $ $249 on rebate But, imho, not even close to the quality of the Howa and these have a lifetime warranty on both scope and gun. Don't know how long the scope will hold up but I'll give it the benefit of the dought.
I'm not saying that a Savage is not any good, just not same quality, might be a good starter gun or a spare for someone starting out or with limited $$$. I look for my great, great grandkids to be able to pass mine down, so the $$$ are an investment in the future to me.
Good luck😁

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back