Campfire permits?

brnsvllyjohn

I just printed my Ca. campfire permit and was wondering if any other state requires permits? I have been told Ca. is the only state that requires permits but I am not sure. We need them to camp in an unimproved campground for fires or for gas stoves. I have camped and hunted in 4 other states and never had one for those states.
I rarely build a reel campfire but I do use gas stoves. I don't build campfires in hunting season because I dont want to deal with putting the fire out before I go to bed. I also almost never camp in improved campgrounds.

These are free and can be picked up at a local fire station or you do an online test then print it out.

I have hunted, visited, hiked and fished allover the world, CA is only place i remember needing a permit for a camp fire. Been told cant, found comditions that didnt warrent it but never needed a piece of paper to allow me.

A permit for anything in California doesn't surprise me. Certifiable wacko's run the state. And I bet the Gov has been to his in laws here in Montana when his state was locked down. Gotta flyfish man. mtmuley

I always check local FS station on fire conditions & restrictions. CA,NM,AZ.....always. Any state.
Permits for a campfire may not be required in that forest,but any fires could be restricted by fire danger in area. Even BBQ's. For a reason...

Around here you don't need a permit, once fire season starts you just can't have a fire. Gas stoves are OK but pretty much nothing else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back