camp spot

If I could shoot an elk from my tent. I would. Nothing like being woke up at 3 in the morning by a bull bugling 50' from your door.

The water source is about 1.5 miles away and about 1500 feet down. The peak of the mountain has a beautiful large flat section, but it is very close to the north side, which is steep thick and loaded with sign. Trees are torn up, droppings everywhere and their travel routes look like they were made by a plow; just incredible. The flat area also has evidence they hang out there.

Splitting the difference between there and a water source puts us on some steep terrain. Plenty of trees though, suppose we could hammock camp it.

You could camp on the flat spot if it's big enough. Just make damn sure you're downwind of all that fresh sign. Tuck just inside the tree line. No raging camp fires though. That's what I would do.

Never put camp in closer than 1-2 miles and even then 2-3 miles from the truck. Never pitched a tent in a clearing. Always in a barren jungle. Watch for falling trees.

Never had a campfire. Did have a wood stove. Guess I just can't fit in.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back