NEW SITKA Ambient 75

camp pics

Went to a friends camp for Friday nite and a bird hunt by ATV on Saturday. Only saw two birds and a moose. Buddy with me got one of the birds.
Saw 'Reveen' on Saturday nite. Was entertaining, but last time we saw a show ( 30 yrs ago) it was better. The guy is too old now, he forgot alot and had to ask stuff from his prompter several times. Had a good laff, but i didn't see anybody I knew on stage so I am a little hesitant on believing it.

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 148
What a piece of garbage my trail cam is. It is a Stealth Digrc-X model. Its probably about 4 to 5 years old and it never worked great. The last straw is : I put it out on Sunday afternoon ( with fresh batteries) over my pile of 30 to 40 apples I went and got it this evening ( so its been out a little over 48 hrs) and the apples are all gone and a big pile of bear dung wasn't over 3 ft front the front of the camera. I took camera home expecting to see animal pics, but there wasn't a single pic taken. What a piece of crap!
Time for something better.

I got playing with my camera and I found it did have some pics on it. I didn't have time/date set right for some pics. Most pics were no good. Some kind of blur on one and the next shot is from when it was on ground. I didn't attach those, but it was neat to see that the time whatever it was, was there at 3 51 in the afternoon. I'll freshen batteries and put it back out on Thursday.

Attachments

• 100-0001.JPG
    100-0001.JPG
    523.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 100-0007.JPG
    100-0007.JPG
    473.6 KB · Views: 139
I can see your son taging out early again this year if that four point hangs around. Nice pic, it seems you got the camera working great? Want me to pick up a cuddeback for you. Tell the wife it could be a early xmas gift. Well tomorrow is my last day of work for this week. then I'm off to see if I can fill a tag or two on acouple doe. Weather here is getting cooler by the day. calling for a mix of rain and snow tomorrow then clear and cold thursday. That should get the deer moving.

I put my camera back and added some apples last nite. Nothing had been into them for 24 hrs ( Tues pm to Weds pm). I have switched from wild apples to nice succulent MacIntosh. Deer are picky, LOL.

2008-10-17_0011.jpg

2008-10-17_0007.jpg

2008-10-17_0006.jpg

Any idea what the heck these are for?
Found at an old minesite.
2008-10-17_0028.jpg

Nice camp site Loverboy. Where are you at? Lots of mountains to climb. What are you guys hunting? Those look like fuel tanks of some sort. If they are tanks, maybe they were for oxygen. The work site looks like it should have been cleaned up prior to the mining company left.

Morning all, the rain came in this morning so I pull my card from the camera and just look at it. There are a couple pic on it. Nice pic boy. where was it located and was it a dream hunt. we need a story weather it is a true one or not laff. Any ways here is those pics.---->
2b0bd321.jpg

Look at the time frame from me and this deer---->
5de7e7e2.jpg

4b9ebc45.jpg

Had a great duck hunt with my son on Friday Pm and Saturday AM. We had a 'blast' so to speak. We had a limit in no time Friday PM as the ducks were trying to land in the blind, LOL. Sorry no pics as I never even thought of taking any. Sat am hunting was alot slower as I paddled the canoe around the marsh as Cub shot 'at' ducks that jumped. He got a couple on Saturday. Even a banded Mallard drake. It had been shot before as there was some infected area on it and it was unedible.
I checked my camera/apples on Sunday. See attached pics, they tell it all. Look at the date/times. I had more pics. As the bear seemed to frequent the apples every couple of hours.

Attachments

• 100-0021.JPG
    100-0021.JPG
    591.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 100-0020.JPG
    100-0020.JPG
    373.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 100-0015.JPG
    100-0015.JPG
    408.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 100-0012.JPG
    100-0012.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 120
I'll set you up for bear hunting anytime. The bear didn't come in last evening, and seems to be very inconsistent time wise. I suppose its because of the availability of apples in the area. Later on when all the wild apples are gone they concentrate on bait apples and are more predictable. The bear or bears gotta go.

Moose, moose and more moose. They're everywhere now. The deer are hiding somewhere. They seem to blend in, LOL.

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 98
The trip to NY was good and bad. I only saw one deer and got a hit on it but we were unable to recover it. I am not sure and will never know what happend. Sucks big time let me tell you.

Hi Still, Trent had a bit of bad luck himself. He has been here 2 weeks today and hasn't seen much action. He finally saw a shooter buck yesterday morning. Fired a couple rounds but the deer was apprx 250 yds and inside a tree line. We couldn't find any blood. Were not used to shooting that far, but maybe it means he will get a bigger one later.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back