5e5f76d1.jpg

f56836a3.jpg

d4230546.jpg

4f58969b.jpg

6b6a5774.jpg

6b99bb25.jpg

68c63d8a.jpg

11d866e8.jpg

Went for some flounder yesterday, but to no avail. We did beat Hurricane Dan, just got a little rain. All the salmon cages are emptied and we fished a couple hours with nary a bite, so we packed up and went home. Probably won't do any more flounder fishing this year as I am not sure where any active salmon cages are. Probably get away for a land lock salmon fish in a couple of weekends.
Rained hard here last evening and throughout the nite. There is no rain in the forecast for a week, yeah right, anyway I guess we are going to seed the lawn today and hope for the best.
Take care and keep the pics coming.

I'm looking forward to this long weekend. The weather is going to be fantastic. Got a wedding to go to tomorrow, but I can do some yard work in the AM. Come hell or highwater I'm going to your camp Sunday to spend the nite with my grandson. We will take my truck as far as we can to get film and then walk the rest of the way ( ATV in at shop). I'll replace film and batteries.
Gotta go, looks like its going to be a busy day.

Ok here is the video I took friday eveing right after we got off the phone Dave. Nothing like a close encounter. They were less then ten yards away. Funny thing about it, the next dayaround three I herd the little one and look over to my left and there right outside the window they were. And this time the camera was out side so I could not get a video/pic.

Thats alot of turkey. Pretty cool.
I finally went for a walk behind the house. The woods are pretty thick and I haven't found a good spot for a stand yet. Lots of deer sign, but I have to do more exploring. Moose season starts here on this Thursday, but I am not going. Hope to hear some stories though.
Had some deer (doe and fawn) in the yard on Thursday, see pics, and then yesterday a cow moose strolled by. The pics kind of looks the the moose is in the woods anywhere, so I had to show you the BBQ for proof, LOL. Things are looking up, coyote, deer and moose all in the yard within 1 week. Think I'm going to like living here.

Attachments

• IMG_2910.jpg
    IMG_2910.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2916.jpg
    IMG_2916.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2917.jpg
    IMG_2917.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 200
Here most of the deer lambs still have spots. They are fading but still noticeable. No animals in the yard this week. Today is Oct 1st. Its my birthday, but I am usually more excited because it is the first day of hunting season ( not deer yet). Thought I would post a few pics of my brother-in-laws 18 pt moose. Thats Cub with the big smile, LOL. No video as the moose came out a liitle early, too dark to video. It had followed a cow passing by right underneath their tree stand (Cub's and his cousin, Judson, whom had the partner license). By prearranged agreements that no cows and no young bulls were to be shot, and any shooter bulls that were headed for Brother-in-laws (bow hunting) stand were to be let go by. Well the two young pups, Cub and Judson, were pretty excited to watch the bull come out to the cow and did good not to shot the bull, but when the cow run back under the stand and headed for the woods with the bull following her, they quickly decided to dump the bull. They had a blast and did some celebrating. First morning, first light of the 3 day hunt. I hope they aren't spoiled by this adventure and think it is always that easy. Actually my other brother-in-law did it the other way around and got a 16 pt bull 10 minutes before the end of season, and they didn't get it out of woods until 3 in the morning. Maybe I can con a few moose steaks out of them for our deer hunt.

Attachments

• CCF10012009_00000.jpg
    CCF10012009_00000.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 185
  • CCF10012009_00001.jpg
    CCF10012009_00001.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 183
  • CCF10012009_00002.jpg
    CCF10012009_00002.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 184
Con away dave. i'm awaiting a few steaks yum yum. Happy birthday as well. Going to make this short for the night. not feeling that up to par and need to get some rest.later guy.

Raining hard today, Sunday. Can't hunt anyway but puts an end to collecting apples and/or setting up any tree stands. Yesterday was a non=hunting day as well, as the spouse and I went for a drive to Moncton ala shopping. It was a beautiful sunny warm day and the trees look fantastic. Hope your feeling better Trent, and I can't wait to see the turkey that you score.

Save those apple dave, i'm going to need a few.Dang I can hardly see the computer screen. flu has my eye's water like crazy. swear I was a baby winning. We had the same day here saturday as well. Wanted to go out for a turkey hunt but I figure I be smart about it and stay home and take care of this cold first. Do you know if I have and cmere deer left over from last year? I need to figure out what I need to take. the truck going to be way full this trip and the less I not need the better.Have a good one and we will be hooking up soon.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back