MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Camera action while being outdoors enjoying the fresh air and adventure. Feel free to add yours too.

Incredible photos. I need to consider investing on a good camera. Itll definitely change the way I look at nature.
I'm not sure what you define as a good camera. This is what I use. A Nikon 3200 that I bought in a kit with these lenses. 18-55 and 70-300 telephoto. I later bought a cheap Rokinon for wide angle and night time photography. The tripod works decent and will breakdown to fit on a pack and not get tangled in the thick cover that I walk through. The Nikon 3xxx series cameras are still offered in kit form and are very reasonable for price, under $600, especially if you figure out how many hours that you use them outdoors capturing the things that interest you.
IMG_20200808_140607395_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
There are clear water streams that feed the tannic stained rivers. I went out and took a couple of pictures just as an example. These clear water streams are a result of aquifer drainage out of large deep deposits of sand based soil. The sand must have enough absorption capability to filter the tannins out of the water from spring snow melt and rain fall.
View attachment 149397
View attachment 149398

I can think of other streams that is a better example but don't have rocks in them to make a dynamic water flow picture. That might be my next adventure. To a creek that drains a sandy soil blueberry plain. Hopefully offers some character for a picture and some blueberries for picking.

Well I made it my next adventure.
I went and found the aquifer headwater source and captured some images as the flow increased with the approximate distance from the source. It just an example. I actually saw some small brook trout at the 800 yard distance. There sure isn't much stream bed that was not being used by trout on that stream. And I flushed a Woodcock within 10 feet of the source.

Source: water breaking the surface under the lower log pictured. Not exciting but I have never chased a source down before.
DSC_2896_410.JPG

Approximately 300 yards down stream.
DSC_2928_413.JPG

Approximately 800 yards down stream.
DSC_2914_411re.JPG

The blueberries were sparse probably because of the heavy rains hit that area too. :(

Some amazing pics on this thread. Not sure if the one below fits here exactly, but it was outside, sort of. The little guy in the pic got lost in our garage and, by the time I found him hanging on a ledge, he was so tuckered it seemed like he was actually glad to have a thumb to get on and take a ride out of the dark place he'd gotten into. He sat there for quite a while before I gave him a nudge and got him flying again.
1597795095730.png

Some amazing pics on this thread. Not sure if the one below fits here exactly, but it was outside, sort of. The little guy in the pic got lost in our garage and, by the time I found him hanging on a ledge, he was so tuckered it seemed like he was actually glad to have a thumb to get on and take a ride out of the dark place he'd gotten into. He sat there for quite a while before I gave him a nudge and got him flying again.
View attachment 150854
Now that is a very unique picture. I hope it rebounded from the garage trauma.

View attachment 150854
They get in the auto shop my family runs on a regular basis and fly around till they get tuckered out. At that point my brother and I usually go to the drink machine and grab a Mountain Dew and let it have some of that till it gets the energy to fly off outside again. It’s the most handy sugar water we have found.

The shoreline walk extended yesterday. It had not rained prior to the walk so the surface colors aren't as bold as they are when they are wet.
DSC_3152_446re.JPG
If you think you are tough, strong, and resilient, compare your self to this cedar tree.
DSC_3157_452re.JPG
There are also pockets that have the right shape and location to trap tree branches and roots during a storm.
DSC_3167_447re.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back