Caribou Gear Tarp

Calling coyotes at -3degrees.

ruger243223

Got 3 to come in, 2 different stands. All were shot with my 1187 predator and Dead coyote. It was a great morning. HAPPY HUNTING

Attachments

• coyote double.jpg
    coyote double.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 195
  • coyote.jpg
    coyote.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 195
Is that the foxpro caller??

I have been trying and can get them to answer but when I do the
squeling jack, I don't seem to get them in.

What sounds do you like to use?? and how long does it take to get them to come in??

i use the baby cottontail with adult cotton tail. And as for time it just depends on the animal. I usually start out very low sound and after 4-5 min I will let go quiet for about 2 min then go a bit louder for 4-5 min. If I don't get anything to come in after 45 min we are usually gone. HAPPY HUNTING

Thanks for all the info ruger, I am going to keep pickin your brain here.

Have you used any coyote locator calls to locate em and then use a rabbit??

Do you have a lot of cottontails around, cause I have alot of jacks and didnt know which
one coyotes would come to better?

Also is wind a big factor of where you should be calling.

Hey Blue, I don't locate ever, I have lived here for 35yrs and I pretty much know the country. If you have alot of Jacks use the jackrabbit call, I would suggest to mix it up a bit if you are using Jack alot switch to cottontail or a different sound they are not used too this will increase your odds also. I use the wind as much as possible but I usually don't put it in my face I will use a cross wind as you will get sound to travel farther with a crosswind than trying to call right into the wind. Your terrain will dictate whether or not you can do this. We are having great luck this yr as this weekend produced 5 more. No pics as we forgot our cameras. Anyway hope this helps. HAPPY HUNTING

Back