Call your Senators! CPW Commission Confirmation Vote - Delayed Again! Now Tues, 12 Mar!

I’ll settle for it being solidly purple again. CO is a great example of a state when we are solidly purple and have mixed leadership across the board.
Agreed. When Colorado was a solidly purple state CPW Commission appointments weren’t such a controversial topic, most folks enjoyed universal bipartisan support. With the political shift left, anti-hunting activists have really gained a foothold with certain segments of the ruling party.

At least he's smart enough to know he won't be voted in. Let's see who follows suit.
Funny enough, other than the wolves issues, he seemed like he might represent hunters pretty well. I realize thats a big IF, but still.

I remain happy that hunters and the hunter adjacent community took to the phones and emails to make sure our voice was heard, but part of me is worried we might get at least one retaliatory pick from Polis if he loses both Bealieu and Skiba

Funny enough, other than the wolves issues, he seemed like he might represent hunters pretty well. I realize thats a big IF, but still.

I remain happy that hunters and the hunter adjacent community took to the phones and emails to make sure our voice was heard, but part of me is worried we might get at least one retaliatory pick from Polis if he loses both Bealieu and Skiba
He is an anti… I think it’s good he is gone. If Polis wants to retaliate we keep the pressure up again. I think he has aspirations to move towards federal level type stuff if he wants to look like a tyrant this is a good way for him to do it and injure his reputation along the way of being “libertarian” or whatever he tries to claim

I'd like to advocate for the biologist. I just worry about the devil on his shoulder (person who put him in that group) and turns him into a puppet.

Seriously this weekend help your voting age kids, wives, neighbors etc to express there concern to there Senator. I walked my wife and several buddies thru the process yesterday. HOWL/RMEF/BHA all had clickable links to reach your Senator.

I put my hunting group on notice - You need to let the Senators and not just agree with me.
Send your buddies the links - Stay on the phone with them to help them thru the process.

I am thankful that my Democratic Senator has stated he won't vote for the 2 nominees in question - It is great to see movement across the party lines.
This is what everyone needs to do. My hunting group is always begging me to help them with the draw. I told them they're on their own this year unless they have proof of sending an email.

Now with the delay, I'll be meeting with a chunk of them and forcing them each to send phone calls.

This is what everyone needs to do. My hunting group is always begging me to help them with the draw. I told them they're on their own this year unless they have proof of sending an email.

Now with the delay, I'll be meeting with a chunk of them and forcing them each to send phone calls.
That is exactly we need to do - keep it up!! I'm wondering if we shouldn't be sending Polis emails also regarding this BS.

That is exactly we need to do - keep it up!! I'm wondering if we shouldn't be sending Polis emails also regarding this BS.
Keep emailing and calling your Senators! Many are very responsive and staff is willing to discuss. Campaign is working. Senate floor vote is being delayed because they don't have the votes to confirm Beaulieu.

My experience with Governor's office is the opposite. No one on his staff answers emails or calls. Called/emailed over 20 times since July, didn't receive the dignity of a response even once. Apparently, Governor's office only listens to Center for Biological Diversity, Animal Wellness Action, Humane Society, WildEarth Guardians, etc. Completely ignores constituents, CWCP, and all other outdoor rec orgs.

Keep emailing and calling your Senators! Many are very responsive and staff is willing to discuss. Campaign is working. Senate floor vote is being delayed because they don't have the votes to confirm Beaulieu.

My experience with Governor's office is the opposite. No one on his staff answers emails or calls. Called/emailed over 20 times since July, didn't receive the dignity of a response even once. Apparently, Governor's office only listens to Center for Biological Diversity, Animal Wellness Action, Humane Society, WildEarth Guardians, etc. Completely ignores constituents, CWCP, and all other outdoor rec orgs.
The lack of response from the governors office since re election is not surprising, but it is frustrating. I’ve even had friends who voted for him - but are on our side with these hunting issues - try to reach out to him. Head in the sand.

Tooting my own horn, but I have 17 sportspeople including several women that signed up to Howl today to help with this issue and have another guy in Routt County that is calling and emailing all of his sportspeople buddies. I have told them all to call this weekend or Monday as I will be following up:

Several people said they got confused with the HOWL process: Here is the simplified version, otherwise have them give you their info and file it out for them until they get comfortable.

The easiest way to do it is to click on:
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/

Click on: Take Action -this is on the top right side.

Then scroll down to the middle box that has Colorado on it and click on.

Now scroll WAY down until you have a box to enter your name and address – fillout and you are done except for calling your Senator!

Last edited:
Keep the pressure on! Emails and calls, vote tomorrow. Lots of false accusations from anti-hunting groups that we are “AI bots”, be sure to let the Senators know you are a real person.

As a nonresident I sent a quick email. I have received a few responses. My email focused on how the NAM model is important and that anti hunters and animals rights activist are fundamentally opposed to the model.

that's right, she was one of the sponsors on the lion ban legislation. probably futile to work on her. oh well.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back