calibers for coyote?

outlaw from Idaho

What do you guys use for coyote hunting? I've used 222rem, 243win,243 ackley,257robs,25-06,270 win 30-06 300win, 358win among others.What have you used for coyotes and such? Thanks Outlaw.

------------------
Life is short,but I can say I've had a good hunt!

hntrjohn,Nothing wrong with that. Mite be alittle ruff on hides. Other then that who cares! I had a 7mm mag for years and all I ever used that rifle for was rock chucks! Outlaw

------------------

trucks, bow,s pistols and all the rifle cal.(including a barnett .50 cal) but my favorite is the .243.

Delw

Belw, sounds good to me. That 50cal should do the job. I like the 243 myself. Outlaw

hntrjohn, I guess theres a market some place. I'm not sure where or how much. But like you nowdays I shoot them and leave'm. Outlaw

------------------

I use my remington 270 with 90gr.sierra varminter hollow points at 3500fps.

Outlaw from Idaho, I hear ya, I like that load rather well, when I hit that critter I know it's going down, no second shots here.
smile.gif

I have taken my 270 and turned it into a bench gun, I can sit there and shoot a ragged hole with it at 100-yards every time!
The trick is to float the barrel re calibrate the trigger and find the load that your gun likes. I like to use the same gun that I use for deer hunting, (Fear the man that owns but one gun for likely he knows how to use it!)hahahaha I do have many guns but I really like to shoot my 270 a lot. A friend of mine taught me that if shooting the bigger guns to take off the butt pad and plate and fill the hole in the stock with lead shot to the top, replace the plate and butt pad and you will have reduced the recoil of the rifle to a good amount!

I'm a 243 or my 300 wim mag type of guy....

This Winter I will get one w/ my boW!!!!!!!
I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !! I WILL !!

Positive thinking.......RIGHT?!?!

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

Moosie I know what you mean. they are hard to get with a bow, ive only got 3 with a bow and those where while I was deer hunting. My first one spoiled me though and made me think it was easy:

I bought a browning tracker bow in 1981 just 2 weeks befor the season. Since I have shot bows at target my whole childhood I thought this would be simple. I went out and practiced everyday in the back yard till opening day. I thought I was a good shot and felt I was ready.
Opening morning deer season While I'm driving up the road a coyote walks out and looks I slam on the brakes get out take the shot. Bamm perfect shot (thinking to myself this is easy) found the coyote about 50 yards away.During that time I saw alot of deer sign
and one doe. So I go back park the truck and start deer hunting. about 2 hours into the hunt I find deer and lots of them . got within 40 yards and nail a forkey. he ran about 100 yards and died. I'm jumping up and down the whole time yeah this was easy. (this was the time az had 2 deer a year if ya get a second over the counter rifle tag). I load the truck and head back home. told my wife and all my friends how easy this was even talked 2 of them into bow hunting. I go the next week and pick up a second deer tag.

I'm still trying to fill that tag not only that but in the last 19 years Ive only got 2 more yotes. Ive called in yote within 5 yards but those things come so fast that I cant get a shot. I still try to get yotes with a bow but i very rarely get good shots.

Delw

way to go nice fur on him, A coyote with a bow is one of the best tropies a guy can get

Delw

...out-in-ID's yote
Ya gotta add

10.jpg

Sparkman

[This message has been edited by sparkman (edited 12-27-2000).]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992