Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Cabela’s stopped selling game calls?

mdeerjunkie

So, i am going to complain. I went to Cabela’s the other night to look at some different cow calls. They had moved their selection around, so I asked a sales person where they were and he promptly replied to me that “Cabela’s has never sold game calls”. He then walked away and kept putting clothes on the hanger. I found them eventually, after asking three more people, but I am very disappointed in the lack of service. In a hunting store you should hire people who know the sport. Instead Cabela’s hires more people to organize the clothes that take up half the store then they do to man the gun depot. Will probably start shopping somewhere else. Do you all shop at Cabela’s still or mom and pop shops?

I feel like Cabela’s has been largely a hooded sweatshirt and teddy bear store since about 2010.
Yeah, what's up with the hoodies? I like plain old camo sweatshirts and it's like discovering gold if you can find any!

I dont mind going there or Bass, but its only when i know exactly what I want. I do find myself buying more non-hunting related items there. Their prices aren't special, usually higher on hunting stuff. I am blessed with Cableas, Sportsman's, and Fisherman ( local to Portland, and not great selection) LL within 10 minutes of me. Lately most of my shopping has been Midway USA. Family owned and I like their message. I only wear one brand of hunting clothes and that's direct.

So, i am going to complain. I went to Cabela’s the other night to look at some different cow calls. They had moved their selection around, so I asked a sales person where they were and he promptly replied to me that “Cabela’s has never sold game calls”. He then walked away and kept putting clothes on the hanger. I found them eventually, after asking three more people, but I am very disappointed in the lack of service. In a hunting store you should hire people who know the sport. Instead Cabela’s hires more people to organize the clothes that take up half the store then they do to man the gun depot. Will probably start shopping somewhere else. Do you all shop at Cabela’s still or mom and pop shops?

I still have a Cabelas Cc, that being said the only shopping I usually do there now is spending my points when they add up on ammo, or firearms if I can be patient and play the long game.

not impressed with cabelas,,usually low wage job,with folks that have never been in the woods/they have no idea most of the time

Save some gas and frustration, shop online. You can always do in store pickup if you want “the cabelas experience “

Before the merge Cabela's was much better. We stopped in as many as we could during vacation road trips. Think I've been to 21 or so? Now, I just go to the Bass Pro next to work for what I need. Pretty much just get stuff for making sausage and whatever. Bought a new grinder with my Alaska Air card to get mileage points. Bargain Caves are about the only thing worth going to. Can score a bargain once in a while.

I try to avoid going to actual stores anymore. As much as I hate to say it I can pretty much find most of what I need on Amazon other than firearms and ammo. And even with those I very seldom go to an actual store.
It’s a buyers market there’s no reason to put up with crappy customer service and poor selection in a store.

When Cabela's first opened in our area, I went in to look at rifles. They had a pretty good sale going on and on top of that they offered a military discount. This was before Bass Pro merged with them. I asked the guy at the counter to see what they had in a Savage chambered to 7mm - 08. He said he never herd of that cartridge. I laughed and said a .308 necked down to 7mm, been out for a long time. He asked 2 other guys working the counter and said they never herd of it either. Finally an older gentleman working the counter walked by and asked what I was looking for. I told him and he said, " Yeah, we have that" and showed me a rifle. :ROFLMAO:

I went in to Cabela's the other day looking for something specific that was in their sale flyer. I intended to spend at least $150 on the stuff that I thought I could not live without. I walked that whole store 4 times and never found the items I wanted. And, since all the male employees were too busy playing grab ass with the female employees, I couldn't get anyone to help me. I finally got pissed and left.

Downhill since the merger. I’ve expressed my 0.02 to a few employees there. IMO Bass Pro is just a carbon copy.

Back