Cabela's request for support. LEAD

Sytes

September 2, 2010

Dear Cabela's Customer:

Occasionally, an issue of such importance arises we feel it necessary to contact our loyal customers. With our fishing rights at stake, this is such an issue.

On August 23, 2010, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency was petitioned by the Center for Biological Diversity and others to ban lead from ammunition and fishing tackle, including sinkers, jigs, weighted fly lines and components containing lead, such as brass and ballast in lures, spinners, stick baits and other fishing products.

On August 27, the EPA denied the petition regarding ammunition, but let stand the petition to ban lead in fishing tackle and has opened a short period for taking public comment.

Such a ban would cause prices of fishing products to skyrocket. Alternative metals can cost from six to 15 times more than lead, and most do not perform as well. For many, fishing would no longer be the affordable sport it is now.

Please join Cabela's and Keep America Fishing in opposing this ban by submitting your comments to the EPA no later than September 15, 2010. You can easily do so by clicking here. http://capwiz.com/keepamericafishin...28&cmp=I100902A&seg=FF4&cnt=6089&ctb=16355526

It is a fast and easy way to assure your opinion is heard.

Cabela's is working in conjunction with the American Sportfishing Association and Keep America Fishing to protect our tradition and heritage of fishing.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Cabela's
This e-mail was sent to you by: Cabelas.com, One Cabela Dr., Sidney, NE 69160

Where's their Keep America Hunting by Not Brokering Ranches as Exclusive Hunting Properties link?

A statement from the EPA said the agency would continue receiving public comments on the lead fishing tackle proposal until Sept. 15. Miller said he expects the agency to then decide whether it will consider the ban by Nov. 1.

Not sure where you are getting your info - though this is still open to express your position.

Maybe you are confusing the fishing aspect vs the ammo aspect... ?

edit added: Article specific to the fishing aspect: http://pryordailytimes.com/local/x373694905/Fight-to-ban-lead-in-fishing-tackle-continues

JC, your always good for a laugh ;)

Last edited:
That's what I get for not reading comprehensively! :)

Haha! I've been there - done that..

Those reviewing - place in your opinion - We all enjoy fishing (least I think that is the case)... The ban is ridiculous!

I'll be the first to admit - I shop Home Depot, Lowes, Albertsons/Safeway, Cabela's, Bass Pro Shop, Sportsmans Warehouse, Ebay, Walmart, Target, Costco, Borders Books, Five Guys, Subway, McDonalds, I'll even treat myself to a Starbucks :D ... - heck, take your pick for what store holds what position... I hold no arrogant hypocritical mindframe that I am beyond reproach.

Haha! Critique my spelling / grammar - even my ignorance for that matter. I am sure I'll critique your definition of Illegal... I may even humor myself with considering your thoughts... even a broken clock is correct twice a day...

In the end, whether this was brought to my attention by Cabela's or North American Sportfishing Association... An enemy of my enemy (lead ban) is a friend.

Cheers! ;)

Just imagine the wrath Sotheby's is avoiding by not pimping tents and hunting boots while hawking private poperty and asserting an anti lead ban position. ;):cool:

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back