MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

CA ridgeline 7 prc

Anyone with experience with the 7 prc ridgeline?? Saw videos with ejection issues. I bought the back country 1 piece luepold base and 34 mm cross rings. Wondering if the solid base will be the problem? Havent recieved rifle yet but will soon.

In the two Christensen rifles that I’ve owned I’ve noticed tight bolt lift in both. I’ve inquired to them about head spacing issues or thinking that’s it’s got something to do with a striker spring. They claimed that they’ve both needed more use, I questioned their quality control.

In the two Christensen rifles that I’ve owned I’ve noticed tight bolt lift in both. I’ve inquired to them about head spacing issues or thinking that’s it’s got something to do with a striker spring. They claimed that they’ve both needed more use, I questioned their quality control.
Same here, I have a 7mm mag and 7mm-08, both have tight bolt lift. Customer service said it is because of very tight tolerances and they use a slightly heavier spring than others (compared to Rem 700 probably). They both shoot pretty well, but I'll probably sell them both down the line at some point when I figure out what else I want. Probably a Tikka. Hopefully yours will be a winner.

Anyone with experience with the 7 prc ridgeline?? Saw videos with ejection issues. I bought the back country 1 piece luepold base and 34 mm cross rings. Wondering if the solid base will be the problem? Havent recieved rifle yet but will soon.
I got a Ridgeline FFT 7 PRC this year. I had loading and ejection issues as well. The rifle is currently back at Christensen getting fixed. Certainly disappointing. BTW, it does shoot really well.

My ridgeline in 300wsm has a tight bolt lift with a majority of loads. It’s plenty accurate though. Good luck.

Mine will be here friday, Im hoping the rings i bought and base fits. I will eject some shells to chevm it out.

Ya about 20 percent of the guns made have issues as QC. It sounds like once there fixed its a very accurate gun thats lightweight. I looked at other bergaras, brownings but for some reason i liked the lightweight carbon barrel CA. Fierce also has some issues from what Ive heard. Theres better out there but for alot more $

For what it is worth, my Ranger shot lights out straight from the store but also FTE'd 50% of the time. Sent it back to Christensen and they seem to have straightened it out but, it begs the question-- are they function checking these rifles before they leave the factory?

For what it is worth, my Ranger shot lights out straight from the store but also FTE'd 50% of the time. Sent it back to Christensen and they seem to have straightened it out but, it begs the question-- are they function checking these rifles before they leave the factory?
Bet they’d save a bunch of time and money if they’d implement better quality checks. Wouldn’t have nearly as many people sending back rifles

Seems like overtime the Christensens debacle up. In some form or fashion. Happened with mine. Blamed the scope for a while but after swapping a few scopes out came to the conclusion the scope wasnt the issue.

So far mine seems to eject fine. Pitting a few lines on the casing after three or four ejections but thats all i noticed. Gonna mount scope today and start breaking it in.

First shots thru the ridgeline. Feeding is a bit rough but seems to be getting smoother. 20 mph crosswind

Attachments

• Snapchat-741510205.jpg
    Snapchat-741510205.jpg
    975.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240103_161540.jpg
    20240103_161540.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I don't have any hands on experience, but there is a reason for that. I've read horror story after horror story. Seems like you have a 30/70 chance to get a lemon.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back