Caribou Gear Tarp

CA approves hunter safety class 100% online due to coronavirus

HuntCA

Good news for those here in California who for whatever reason have not been able to attend the second portion of hunter safety class in person. California has just revised the requirement to do the in-person portion of the class. You may now take your hunter safety course 100% online. We need as many hunters in this state as possible and hopefully this will encourage people to get certified and licensed. If you live in CA, spread the word to your friends and family. This just may be the impetus to get them into our great sport. I know I'm sending this to many people I know that expressed interest in hunting, but just could not get over the hump of planning that day in the classroom to complete hunter ed. My daughter is one of them. I understand that some may think the hands on portion is very important, and I agree. We as mentors will just need to step up and make sure all our new hunting charges we take out in the field act safely and build good safe gun handling habits. https://www.hunter-ed.com/california/

My wife and kids all did the IN online course and I did the NC in person course many moons ago. While there is no gun handling in person, the IN course is MUCH more in depth than the course I took in NC. It is paced, there are lots of A/V portions and the curriculum is pretty varied. It especially makes sense for working folks and kids who are very involved in activities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back